• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS apply erroneous default and compromise mortgage application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RBS apply erroneous default and compromise mortgage application

Yes, but when you went for the mortgage they knew they were in the wrong with the default and as such sold you a higher rate mortgage fully aware of what they were doing. You have 2 major complaints here.

Not only is it a default issue, but I would say a fraud issue as well. The fraud is a mortgage issue and so I would say you have 12 years. Lets face it if the tables were turned and they were running out of time, I'm sure the 12 years would be brought into play.

Comment

Could be worth keeping that in mind. The plan is to action well before 12 years on the default matter but that would suggest I could ask for a criminal fraud investigation up to 12 years.
      'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
      depend on me, and I'm me.'

Comment

I got a reply from RBS saying that they had not replied because they did not have consent of the joint account holder. What nonsense.

I sent this back tonight.

Dear Ms B S Hitter
        Ref SAR49394/GB

Thank you for your correspondence dated 18 October 2012.

I am disappointed over the length of time it has taken for you to respond to my request despite reminders. I am also surprised that you appear to have lost the cheque for £10 that I sent in with my original request. For my own comfort I made a photocopy of that cheque to ensure that I had proof it had been sent. Since that date I have written 4 other cheques, the dates they have been cashed is on record demonstrating the fact that this cheque had been written before those.

You make the claim that you cannot proceed with my request without consent from the joint account holder. I think you will find that you are mistaken in that statement, however, to prevent further delay I have included the form you sent duly signed. I will make you aware that I have also copied this for my records to prevent any confusion should this go missing.

Can I also remind you that the data I request is not simply a copy of past statements but all records that you hold in reference to me including any file notes, correspondence with third parties (either by mail or electronically) and notes of any telephone conversations.

You will be aware that under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have an obligation to comply fully with my request within 40 days. To date you have taken approximately 120 days. I trust that you will therefore now comply with this request as a matter of urgency.

Yours faithfully,

Magrew
        'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
        depend on me, and I'm me.'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X