• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Support Campaign for free credit reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Campaign for free credit reports

I subscribed to this campaign anyone else want to support it here the draft letter they sent to send to M Ps

Sparkie

MP: ……………………House of Commons
    London
    SW1A 0AA

Credit reporting

Dear ………………………
    I am writing to you to express my concerns about Britain's credit reporting system.

The current system requires you to either pay a monthly fee for full access to your credit report, or else pay for a one-off statutory report from each of the three credit reference agencies.

Additionally, if you are refused for credit on the basis of your credit report the reasons are often not properly explained, and the credit reporting agencies own systems for scoring vary widely. I have therefore joined the It's My Report campaign at www.itsmyreport.com, calling for:

1 Free annual credit reports and scores

2 That lenders should give a specific reason if you're rejected because of your credit report, along with a free copy of the report used as part of the credit application

3. Standardized credit scoring between the credit agencies
    I hope I can count on your support.
    Yours sincerely,
    ……………………………………………
    Tags: None

Re: Support Campaign for free credit reports

A bit more info
    Sparkie

The It’s My Report Roundtable, 2015

We’ve taken your signatures and comments to the credit reference agencies, to lenders, to the regulator, and to the Government.

The three credit reference agencies – Experian, Equifax and CallCredit – have "offered their support", but there’s a big difference between words and action. That’s why we’re organising a roundtable with key industry figures to make sure the people that have the power to make a difference listen.
    What we need from you

We are already in touch with a range of MPs but we need your support. We would like you to send a letter to your MP explaining what It’s My Report is and why it matters to you. To help we’ve drafted a letter for you to sign. You can print it out as a PDF to mail it, or edit it as a Word document to email:

Comment

Re: Support Campaign for free credit reports

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
      A bit more info
      Sparkie

The It’s My Report Roundtable, 2015

We’ve taken your signatures and comments to the credit reference agencies, to lenders, to the regulator, and to the Government.

The three credit reference agencies – Experian, Equifax and CallCredit – have "offered their support", but there’s a big difference between words and action. That’s why we’re organising a roundtable with key industry figures to make sure the people that have the power to make a difference listen.
      What we need from you

We are already in touch with a range of MPs but we need your support. We would like you to send a letter to your MP explaining what It’s My Report is and why it matters to you. To help we’ve drafted a letter for you to sign. You can print it out as a PDF to mail it, or edit it as a Word document to email:
      Agree with this campaign. Credit Reference agencies charging monthly 'membership' fees to members of the public (all of them, if they can - for life!) plus all registered companies (much higher fees) is a national scam and should be stopped. These leeches do not provide services to anyone but financial services providers (who should cover all the costs) and they are basically hostile to consumers. They accumulate vast files of often inaccurate data about you and then charge you for the privilege of looking at it!
      You can and will, be turned down for credit for the smallest real or imagined infraction, including disputed debts or claims and civil fines, appearing on your 'record'.
      I say end this unfair system now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X