• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Daughter in laws credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter in laws credit file

Hi guys

My daughter in law got me finance 3 years ago which I pay, I have missed a few payments and when my son and wife went to see mortgage advisor they have been told that they won't get a mortgage because the loan is showing as default on credit file.

can I get this removed from their file as it is my responsibility or are they stuck with it.

if so , what are the alternatives

thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Daughter in laws credit file

Hi stunner1901,
    With regards the default i doubt you could get it removed especially as you have stated payment were missed and the loan is obvioudly not in your name.

Comment

Originally posted by mark andrew View Post
      Hi stunner1901,
      With regards the default i doubt you could get it removed especially as you have stated payment were missed and the loan is obvioudly not in your name.
      Thanks and I guessed that might be the case

however, is it possible to get some sort of note on her credit file to say a third party is involved?

im thinking about if you are an agent for a catalogue company surely you wouldn't be responsible for all of your customers???

Comment

No there is no chance of getting this removed it is unfortunately a common occurrence.
        Even if the debt is cleared the entry remains on CRA files for 6 years from the default date.
        What type of finance was this? Personal Loan/HP?

nem

Comment

Hi stunner1901,
          No its not possible to have a note placed on credit file as the fact is the agreement is between her and what ever finance company she signef the agreement with.
          The fact is the dn was placed on credit file is because the agreement had been defaulted which is fact. I don't know if Nem could advise you any more on this

Comment

Hi Stunner,

The problem here is your are not contractually connected to this account.
            I presume you did not enter in to any formal loan agreement with your daughter
            in law.
            As asked previously what type of finance is this?

nem

Comment

Hi and sorry for delay

it was a hp finance agreement for a £3000 keyboard

i agreed with my daughter in law to make all payments

regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X