• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Noddle - Unrecognised Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noddle - Unrecognised Debt

Hello,

I've joined just to get some advice.

I use to be with Experian Credit to view my report until I realised I was paying £14.99 a month for pretty much nothing.
    I then got an email from Noddle who shows you your report for free. I had a few unsettled debts on there but nothing amounting to much with plans to set up a payment plan and get it cleared.

This months report came in and on there was a debt for £1855 from a company called Lowell - this so called debt is from a Telecommunications Supplier. I have absolutely no idea where this has come from. The only information available to me is the last 5 digits of an account number and that it says the account was opened in 2010 and that I defaulted in 2013. The address being the one I am at now even though I didn't move here until 2012.

I did a quick google and found that Lowell seem to claim lots of debts which are not valid. I found the prove it letter online and changed it to suit, asking them to remove it from my credit file until they can prove I owe the amount they claim. Is there anything else I can do?

I literally owed £512 now its £2367 so I am quite concerned especially as we plan to start saving for a mortgage!
    Last edited by Tools; 21st October 2014, 09:26:AM. Reason: Noodle - Noddle ;)
    Tags: None

Re: Noddle - Unrecognised Debt

Who was the £512 debt with and what steps did you take to address it?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

It isn't a single debt, its 2/3 little ones. I have written them letters asking for a payment plan to be set up for them. That has nothing to do with the Lowell debt.
      They are unrelated. I meant my debt total was £512 and now its £2367.

Comment

OK sorry that wasn't clear. So you have 2-3 smaller debts totalling £512 PLUS a debt you were not aware of for a telecomms contract for around £1855? The actual debt would most likely be a lot less and will have been over inflated with their fees.

Are you aware of any debt to a telecoms company in the past?
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Thinking back the only thing it could possibly be is a Vodafone bill which certainly wasn't £1855. Looks like I'll send the prove it letter and see what they come back with. Thanks.

Comment

It is quite possible the Vodafone bill may only have been a couple hundred pounds. Has Lowell been in contact with you to chase this debt?

Comment

I am afraid I am a little cynical about Noodle. I completely agree, I don't think we should have to pay £15 per month to monitor our credit report however when I registered on Noodle, after learning about the company recently I noticed a CCJ outstanding that in fact had been settled 3 years ago and was registered with Experian as settled. This obviously means that my credit score with Experian is more realistic than with Noodle. The details they have on me are WAY out of date and it makes me wonder what 'cheap' or 'free' source they got their incorrect information from.

Have you had not correspondence from Lowell at all?

Comment

Originally posted by elmo View Post
                Thinking back the only thing it could possibly be is a Vodafone bill which certainly wasn't £1855. Looks like I'll send the prove it letter and see what they come back with. Thanks.
                Hi elmo,

If you'd like me to get this looked into, email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X