• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default with RBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default with RBS

Hi everyone Im hoping to get some help. I'm hoping for a wee bit of help.

I recently requested copies of my default notices from RBS for two overdrafts I held with them,
    as I don't seem to have them (have every other bit of paperwork from them, so it seems like I never received the documents, I hoard everything, would never have misplaced that sort of thing!)

The documents they sent me are dated 2011, but the defaults my credit file show are from 2012...

Can anyone help me fathom this out?

I though that if they served notices in 2011,the dates on my credit file would show 2011? The woman I'm corresponding with said she would look into it, but I wanted to check this out with someone with a more impartial view!

They are also saying they can't provide me with a copy of my default notice for credit card as "notices' are produced automatically and the figures provided are created on a specific day. The format we currently use is now different so we can't physically re-create a duplicate notice that will match the one we sent to you."

I should still be able to SAR them though and see in the correspondence paperwork that they did indeed send the default notice?

Sorry if this is a silly question, I am trying my best to get myself and my credit file sorted and I just wanted to get advice from anyone who knew a bit more about this sort of stuff.

Thanks for reading
    Tags: None

Re: Default with RBS

Hi

I have exactly the same complaint going through with FOS about late default via LLoyds. I did a SAR which showed a DN was sent out in Dec 2008 yet the default was applied to my credit file Jun 2010.

The response I had from LLoyds was that they have done everything by the book and treated me fairly. I'm not sure if this correct but I have been told that they are not obliged to apply a default even after sending a default notice. TBH I find this hard to believe and still looking into it. Going back a few month a member of this forum suggested that they WERE obliged to apply a default within 14 days of the default notice.

I believe that they are not obliged to keep the original DN and can send a recon copy if requested.

Maybe somebody else more experienced will comment

I will keep you updated if I get a response from FOS on this matter

Comment

Re: Default with RBS

Sending a DN under s87 is not always an automatic default on your credit file. Classic example would be if you are on a DMP or arrangement to pay where the payments level is quite high, so they have to issue a DN to end the contract but accept the payments without putting a default on your credit file.

So really depends what the payment history was on the accounts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X