• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Successful default removal!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful default removal!!!

Hi All

I just wanted to say thank you - due to reading some of the advice given on this website, I have had confirmation that Co-op bank will be removing the default they put on my account in 2011! The reason being is that the actual breach of contract occurred in 2007. I therefore argued that the default should have been added within six months of the breach and they had put me in a worse position than if I had not paid at all!! They agreed and have said they will be removing it.
    Tags: default, removal

Re: Successful default removal!!!

Well done and make sure they do.

Comment

Excellent! Well done and I'm glad the information you read here helped you identify the critical issue. The ICO guidelines are clear - CRA default within 3-6 months of breach. Lloyds are especially notorious for entering such defaults up to 3 years after the breach.
      Something good from the Cooperative at last!
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I have been helpling a friend of mine who had tried to get a incorrect default on his credit file with all the CRA's by MBNA/Aktiv Kapital Ltd ....now the PRA Group.
        Neither of them would take any notice of him....I wrote to PRA on his behalf and used our Appeal Court ruling ..and to day he got a letter from PRA Group saying that as a gesture of Goodwill they will be removing their entry within the next 72 hrs.
        Gesture of Goodwill my backside:tinysmile_twink_t2:
        Sparkie

Comment

This is the letter my mate received from PRA after I had put them "In Their Correct BOX"........ ( A COFFIN) What do you think of the way they have worded it?......I'm proud of doing this for him ( for once.).
          Sparkie

Comment

Well done getting that removed! A few years ago we had a situation where MBNA registered a default 3 days before they wrote the letter telling us that if we did not pay up within 14 days of the date of their letter they would register a default. So we got minus three days to sort the debt out! I complained to the FOS who investigated and told us the default had to stay as it was a true reflection of the situation but if we had paid up they might have removed the default!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
            ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
              Well done getting that removed! A few years ago we had a situation where MBNA registered a default 3 days before they wrote the letter telling us that if we did not pay up within 14 days of the date of their letter they would register a default. So we got minus three days to sort the debt out! I complained to the FOS who investigated and told us the default had to stay as it was a true reflection of the situation but if we had paid up they might have removed the default!
              Hiya PAWS,
              Things have changed since our Appeal Court ruling, if they are made aware of our ruling and what it means .....they will remove any Defaut that is innacurate..... in any way..........or they could be sued, using our ruling.
              It worked using our ruling for my mate.

Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                Hiya PAWS,
                Things have changed since our Appeal Court ruling, if they are made aware of our ruling and what it means .....they will remove any Defaut that is innacurate..... in any way..........or they could be sued, using our ruling.
                It worked using our ruling for my mate.

Sparkie
                You star! Does it not make you feel so proud knowing that your hard work and courage has actually changed the law? This could make such a difference for so many people!
                In our situation the default should drop off this autumn. I would love to wipe the smile off their smug faces but to be honest I am saving my energy for other battles!
                Gosh it really does make my heart soar when someone on here wins a case and when it actually results in changing the law then I throw my head back and laugh like an f’n cavalier!
                Nice to know that the ‘small ordinary’ folk are not so very small or ordinary after all!:whoo:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                ~ Anonymous

Comment

18/02/2015 letter date = Default due to expire 28/02/2015? = 10 days later= goodwill? bet it took that long for the letter to get to you??

Comment

hi
                    congratulations on this as know it goes on all the time

I am in exact same situation Lloyds who I defaulted in 2004 applied the default in 2011 and then also sold debt to PRA group who put down the same default on my credit file under separate entry so now have 2 defaults both wrong date I cannot remortgage or even rent due to these being on my credit file

how do I get them to correct it as credit file will be messed up now until 2017 so I'm pulling my hair out - no one I speak to such as citizen' advice had any clue . any advice appreciated thanks in advance

Comment

hi Sparkie1723,

do you have a copy or link to letter you wrote as in same boat and no one is taking any notice my account defaulted in 2004 and default put on in 2011 by Lloyds and PRA Group - kind regards

Comment

There isn't really a template letter here because it depends a lot on the actual situation with your debt. This article http://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-default-date/ explains what you should put in your letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X