• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BT has entered new agreements on my Equifax credit file Nov 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT has entered new agreements on my Equifax credit file Nov 2012

Hi All,

Been a while since I have been on here as everything has been ok.

Until I decided to check my file this evening, I noticed entries from BT stating that I have a new agreement with them.

This was entered in November 2012.

My landline is with the Post Office and has been so for 3 years. I have used BT in the past and I left them (owing money) in roughly 2009.

I have reported the entries as incorrect as to Equifax I did not enter into any agreement with them last year.

I do not deny that I still owe them money, but I have worked so hard to clear all my other debts, not this is mucking up my credit file.

What do I need to do, can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance

Tya
    Tags: None

Re: BT has entered new agreements on my Equifax credit file Nov 2012

Hi Tya,
    Welcome back to LB.
    I would have thought an SAR to BT to see what has gone on with your old account.
    Others will be along soon to give you some more advice.
    Let us know how you get on.

Originally posted by Tya View Post
    Hi All,

Been a while since I have been on here as everything has been ok.

Until I decided to check my file this evening, I noticed entries from BT stating that I have a new agreement with them.

This was entered in November 2012.

My landline is with the Post Office and has been so for 3 years. I have used BT in the past and I left them (owing money) in roughly 2009.

I have reported the entries as incorrect as to Equifax I did not enter into any agreement with them last year.

I do not deny that I still owe them money, but I have worked so hard to clear all my other debts, not this is mucking up my credit file.

What do I need to do, can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance

Tya

Comment

HI Tuttsi,

Thanks for the advice. What I have done so far is raise a dispute through Equifax.

Also, it looks like I may have left them in 2008 so almost 5 years and yes money is till owed. But I am not disputing owing the money.

It really annoys me that can can add an entry onto my file which is incorrect.

So are you saying that if I do a SAR to BT, this will give me the date of when I opened and closed (disppeared) the account with them?

I have also got copies of letters from the usual CCS & SC Grays Sols saying they have closed the file and I told them the account was in dispute. I never admitted anything to them.

This was dated back in 2009.

I look forward to hearing what others have to say on this matter.

Tya

Comment

Hi Tya,

It's lovely to see you back again, but it would have been better had you just popped in to say hello rather than this.

It's a tricky one isn't it. Have you acknowledged this debt with them in writing or made any payments towards it since 2008? If not, you are only a short time away from it being Statute Barred. If the default has been there for a while and is not causing you problems, it may be best to wait for it to go SB and then dispute the default. It would seem likely BT have done this with the sole intention of trying to force you to make contact with them.

Play it carefully. I'm not an expert on getting defaults removed, but you do want to be careful not to reset the SB clock if it is going to become SB in the next year.

Comment

Hi Labman,

I am so sorry for not being in touch sooner...

Everyone on here has helped me so much and this site has told me so much that I have also helped others.

At the moment it is not showing as a default which is strange, it states that I have entered into a new credit agreement.

I have an alert thing on my file for which I get notified each month, not sure how I missed this one, but I did. I will be doing a full credit check online tomorrow.

Looking at my paperwork, my loast payment to them was for £1. Again, I'm not disputing money that is owed, its about putting incorrect infromation on my file.

I left BT in 2009....

Thanks for you help so far.

Tya

Comment

Morning All,

I have just ordered my CR online and it shows that BT defaulted me in 2009. All is correct and I can now breathe.

I could not see this information before, as it only showed as entered new agreement with BT in November 2012 and I knew this was not true.

Just a couple of years to go for this to drop off my file like the rest of defaults.

So glad that I did not contact them, and decided to check my CR first....

Thanks for all of you help everyone.

Tya
            Last edited by Tya; 20th February 2013, 10:22:AM.

Comment

Good thinking and well done.

Originally posted by Tya View Post
              Morning All,

I have just ordered my CR online and it shows that BT defaulted me in 2009. All is correct and I can now breathe.

I could not see this information before, as it only showed as entered new agreement with BT in November 2012 and I knew this was not true.

Just a couple of years to go for this to drop off my file like the rest of defaults.

So glad that I did not contact them, and decided to check my CR first....

Thanks for all of you help everyone.

Tya

Comment

I'm glad it was easily resolved. It's lovely to see you here again - why not hang around and help? I'm sure your gentle, supportive style would benefit loads of people on here.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  I'm glad it was easily resolved. It's lovely to see you here again - why not hang around and help? I'm sure your gentle, supportive style would benefit loads of people on here.
                  Hi Labman,

Thank you for saying that, really nice of you. If I can help someone then I will give it a go.

Tya

Comment

hiya tya!

lovely to meet you, I know that adding defaults to CRAs is a new idea of BT's, so all the suggestions would seem to be the best advice.

It would be lovely to see you posting more often here, a kind ear and word is always appreciated, and helpful.

Look forward to reading from you soon

p

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                      hiya tya!

lovely to meet you, I know that adding defaults to CRAs is a new idea of BT's, so all the suggestions would seem to be the best advice.

It would be lovely to see you posting more often here, a kind ear and word is always appreciated, and helpful.

Look forward to reading from you soon

p
                      Hi Hurricane Puffrose,

Yes I have read up on BT now supplying info to CRA's now. It was just a shock seeing it on my file and after so many years.

But at least I know where I stand now.

Thanks for your kind words and I will stop by more often.

Tya

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X