• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone ! New member ready to take on Capquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello everyone ! New member ready to take on Capquest

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
    I note you are citing unlawful harassment in your claim. Are you bringing this under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997? If so, you should claim not only for any financial loss, but anxiety suffered as a result of their conduct. The High Court ruling in the case of Ferguson -v- British Gas Trading Ltd 2009 means that a company can be held liable for harassment.
    I mentioned the anxiety in the POC. Would you be kind enough to have a look at my POC and advise if I should change anything ? I am not sure if I can send you a direct email with the attachment. I hear these (DCAs) people have spies everywhere in the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by matrix2012 View Post
      I mentioned the anxiety in the POC. Would you be kind enough to have a look at my POC and advise if I should change anything ? I am not sure if I can send you a direct email with the attachment. I hear these (DCAs) people have spies everywhere in the forums.
      I'll send you a PM. Check your inbox in five minutes.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

hi matrix

applologies i did not get back to you on the POC

i have been across the pond with uncle sam and just got back
        just shout if you need help

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
          hi matrix

applologies i did not get back to you on the POC

i have been across the pond with uncle sam and just got back
          just shout if you need help
          Would you mind having a look at my POC and advise if there is anything I should change ? Many thanks in advance.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

hi matrix

as crappyquest trashed your credit files i take the the account that was sold by natwest to crappyquest was by an absolute assignment

if you do not know thats ok but do you have any assignment notice from crappyquest

just keeping things factual

Comment

I have one letter from Natwest stating that they sold the account to Capquest and one letter from Capquest stating that they purchased the account from Natwest. It states clearly in the Natwest letter that "all further communications should be directed to Capquest and not Natwest" and the same in the letter I received from Capquest.

Comment

are the dates the same

the one natwest say they sold the acount and the one from crappyquest saying they purchased the acount on xyz

both letters it seems came from crappyquest using natwest headed paper if both letters were in the same envelope

Comment

The letter from Natwest is dated the 9.12.2011 and the one from Capquest is dated 12.12.2011. When I received the letters I was wondering what were they buying and selling.

Comment

do any of the letters say what date the debt was sold, something like

we have sold your account on xyz or
                      we purchased your acount on xyz

Comment

On the Natwest letter it says

"9 Dec 2011
                        Dear xxxxxx,
                        We hereby give notice that we have sold your National Westminster Bank account number xxxxxxxx to Capquest Investments Limited". Your account will be administered by CapQuest in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Lending Code. Capquest is licensed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to administer and collect debts.
                        "

On the Capquest letter it says :
                        "
                        12 Dec 2011
                        Dear xxxxx,
                        Debt Purchased from National Westminster Bank
                        Account numberxxxxxxxx

You will recently have received a letter from National Westminster Bank notifying you of the involvement of CapQuest Debt Recovery Limited with your above account. ..........All payments should be made to Capquest.
                        "

Comment

thats fine

as stated, just need to be factual

Comment

Any update on this? Calling matrix...

On reading this thread, have I missed reference to a complaint being lodged with the FOS? I complained about CrapQuest on a similar matter and got a small amount of compo. Nothing major, granted, but the FOS route worked.

Comment

Sorry I am a bit late to this thread (new member here), but if there is still time, you can also threaten Capquest with a civil and possible criminal action under the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997. The civil part of the Act entitles you to possible damages for harrassment and the criminal part of the Act allows you to take out criminal proceedings. The criminal case is harder to prove and needs you to demonstrate that a "course of conduct" equals threatening behaviour over time. This might be provable as the company has hassled you several times. Just to add to your available list there is also no harm in trying the Malicious Communications Act which provides remedies for exactly that, malicious communications. While perhaps not as sound as your original action what they might do is afford you additional pressure on the company to settle out of court in the knowledge that at least one of your actions will put them in deep do-do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X