• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ICO Technical Guidance for filing defaults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICO Technical Guidance for filing defaults

Does anyone have a copy of the ICO guidance docs version 1 and 2? can't find it anywhere on the net. or do the ico consider version 3 retrospectively?
    Tags: None

Re: ICO Technical Guidance for filing defaults

I can't find Versions 1 and 2 either. However, the following from Version 3 suggests it incorporates 1 and 2 (or the bits that still apply) and also take into account the developments since these were published:

"Nevertheless, given the passage of time since the guidance was first published, there is a need to confirm what standards continue to apply and take into account developments which have arisen since the original publication. For this reason, the guidance has been updated."

Comment

aye, from what i read into it, i don't think it has really introduced anything new. i just need to know if the guidance on debt management programmes, specifically relating to low repayment levels is token payments, was much the same as version 3.

Comment

Advice on DMP's is as it has always been. Fill in your IE sheet (have you heard of CashFLOW?) Do the pro rata payments from disposable income and that's what you offer your creditors.

Token payments tend to precede a formal DMP.

Comment

i'm off the dmp. i was on one through payplan and was making token payments. but since doing research, and realising the account was unenforcable, i stopped paying and the dca chasing this specific debt has left me alone. however, if the current guidance relating to token payments

24 Low repayment levels
          If the payment set out in the DMP is at a level that represents only a token sum in repayment, because that is all the customer can afford, the account should be recorded as a default.
          The record should be removed six years from the date of the default so that the customer is not disadvantaged over those who have made no effort to pay whatsoever.

is unchanged, then my account should've defaulted as soon as i started making token payments to the oc, not 18 months later when i stopped paying?

Comment

I wish you luck! Many creditors leave defaults as late as possible to do maximum damage to your CRF. Whatever the ICO say, once the default is there, it is very hard to get it removed.

If creditors did as they should, it would be great, but sadly many don't, and several will even try to default you twice for the same debt.

Comment

i'm pretty confident i can get it removed. i've had success in the past. it might just take the ico to intervene and it will probably fall off by that time. to be honest, if they refuse to remove it i'll complain to the fos, ico and start legal action at the same time.

Comment

phoned the ico today. guy on the phone clearly couldn't be arsed. so i emailed them approximately 30 seconds after i hung up. just have to wait for a few months before i get a reply.

Comment

phoned the ico today. guy on the phone clearly couldn't be arsed.
                  I think this is about the best you will get from the ICO as they seem to be doing and want to do nothing about defaults that have been registered wrongly or illegally

BUT keep at them as you never know, and keep us posted as to how you get on

Comment

i actually have faith in the ico, i just think my guy couldn't be bothered dealing with a simple query which i suppose is understandable given how swamped they are.

Comment

emailed them just after i phoned them. they'll give me an answer by 20th november.

Comment

ICO got back to me today. Version 1 uploaded. Version two was never published.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X