• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Co-operative Bank Default removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-operative Bank Default removal

Greetings All,

Starting this thread so members can follow the progression of this complaint and also so I can keep a record of correspondence.

This is about the removal of defaults registered against me at the CRA's by the Co-operative Bank PLC.

It relates to a loan that was current at the time but was in dispute along with 8 other loan accounts due to missold payment protection insurances these have now been refunded along with associated interest which proves without a shadow of doubt the dispute was legit and just.

As we all know a default cannot be issued and/or registered with the CRA's whilst a dispute remains.

I have been reading celestine's thread and excellent result and this has spurned me on to get cracking with this.

Regards

PF
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Tags: None

Re: Co-operative Bank Default removal

For Reference.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...3%20%20doc.pdf

sigpic

Comment

All, members should study the following thoroughly:
      http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...3%20%20doc.pdf

Template letters to the ICO, will not assist your ICO complaint.
      But if, you take the time to read through the DPA technical guidance about the registering of defaults with credit reference agencies, you may well have a chance of fighting back.

[Emphasis]: this is not a: 'get out of jail card quick' route.

Only, for those 'individuals' who have proven and valid complaints about inaccurate data that is being processed under the DPA 1998.

Comment

AC,

Thanks, but that is the same link I put above which you may of overlooked still it does show that I am on the right track.

sigpic

Comment

The attachment is an extract from a letter received in reply to a complaint to the ICO I made some time ago.

This reflects their attitude.
          Last edited by basa48; 2nd May 2011, 14:51:PM.
          They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Basa,

"attitude" would be right - that is farcical, that means anyone can treat your credit file like a scribbling pad!

Comment

"attitude" would be right - that is farcical, that means anyone can treat your credit file like a scribbling pad!
              The link I put above from the ICO makes it quite clear what they can and cannot do and as I have said before in my claim what they did is bang out of order and goes against that guidance.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                The link I put above from the ICO makes it quite clear what they can and cannot do and as I have said before in my claim what they did is bang out of order and goes against that guidance.
                I'm not clear on your exact complaint, but you appear to be basing your argument on the fact the account(s) were in dispute because you were suing over mis-sold PPI?

Consequently you maintain because the accounts were in dispute at the time the lenders should not have issued Default Notices and recorded the defaults with the CRAs?

So did you stop paying the loan repayments and therefore default the agreement, if so why and what did the loan repayments have to do with the PPI?
                They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Nope they defaulted the contract first by applying the PPI which has been proved was missold and as they were holding nearly 9k of my money which has now been refunded that more than covered the loan in full which I paid off in full out of those funds so tell me if I am wrong but withholding payment is just if they already have the money in full.

Furthermore it could be said that I was over paying each month as the PPI was null and void from insertion on every loan from March 1999
                  Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2nd May 2011, 22:19:PM.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X