• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone

I am not sure where I should post this

I have recently looked at my combined credit report on checkmyfile

Apart from the usual searches and credit applications ( maybe a few too many) the only negative thing is from Vodafone back in 2015 with Experian. They say I was 1 month in arrears for 1 month. Now I know I have never missed a payment but Vodafone have messed things up a few times which was why I left them.

Do you think this 1 month from over 8 years ago will actually harm my credit score and if so how do I go about getting it removed- I do not have much hope of Vodafone doing anything correctly.
    Tags: None

Send them a Subject Access Request, see if that throws anything up regards payments.

Comment

According to Experian "Your Experian Credit Report contains information on your financial behaviour taken from the last six years of your credit history " so why is a 2015 entry still appearing?
      All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

According to the report it will be reported u til 6 years from account closure. Perhaps I should contact Experian. I have sent DSAR to Vodafone but I don’t hold out much hope

Comment

I'm not an expert on this but I would ask Experian to explain. Keeping it there until the account is closed seems to defeat the whole point of a 6-year cut off. So if you had stayed with Vodafone (I know you didn't) your alleged missed payment could stay there on Experian forever?
          All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

You could seek compensation if the data is incorrect and has impacted you ability to get credit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X