• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default help needed

Hello, first time posting here.. please help if you can

I received a Default notice on my credit file the morning

With the following details
    Opened: 03 Sep 2018 Defaulted date: 06 Jun 2019 Last updated: 10 Sep 2023

I have no record of any debt, this debt is owned by a debt collection agency, i have received no communication from there whatsoever, i also have no record of any outstanding amount with Budget Car Insurance which the debt relates to.

Should I of been told about the pending default notice?
    Should I of received a default notice?

Surely you cannot add this on to someone's profile without actually giving them a chance to pay it before it becomes a default

The amount of £61 pounds as well and a 6-year default is a killer.

How would one go about getting this removed?

Thank you so much
    Tags: None

Hi

I would suggest that you make a subject access request to Budget Car insurance and the debt collection agency to find out what this relates to. You should note that I think you are confusing debt collection agencies with debt purchasing companies. DCAs only act on behalf of creditors of the debt whereas DCPs actually purchase bad debt and become the owner/creditor of that debt, so you need to be sure whether this is a DCA or a DCP such as Lowell or Cabot who are usually the main companies that purchase bad debt.

Whether the default can be removed depends on the facts. Have you ever had insurance with Budget Car Insurance before and if you have, are you absolutely certain that you paid everything up to date? Did you ever move at any point in or around the default date and failed to notify your creditors/service providers which meant that correspondence could have gone to your old address?

Out of curiosity, what month/year does the default apply on your credit file? I ask because you said the default date was June 2019 but updated on 10 September 2023 and wonder if the default is now registered in 2019 or 2023.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X