• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old debt reappeared

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old debt reappeared

Back in 2012 I defaulted on a PDL. I have a copy of my credit report from 2017 showing the default date as 1st Dec 2012. This obviously fell off in 2018.

Today I find it has reappeared but marked as settled. I am aware that mortgage companies and other credit providers take a dim view of PDLs . Is this likely to have negative consequences? The firm is in administration and the administrators have registered this.

Thanks
    Matty
    Tags: None

Write to the administrators, tell them that the data on your credit file is incorrect, advise them, that if it isn't removed / corrected, you will lodge a formal complaint with the ICO. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

I emailed both the administrators and Equifax asking about this and have received a reply saying they are looking into it. I sent Equifax a copy of the 2017 credit report showing the default so there is no ambiguity.

Comment

I have received an email from the administrators saying the error will be removed today. Moral of the story- it is worth watching and worth challenging mistakes. It is also worth keeping copies of old horrible looking credit files.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B View Post
          I have received an email from the administrators saying the error will be removed today. Moral of the story- it is worth watching and worth challenging mistakes. It is also worth keeping copies of old horrible looking credit files.
          Has it impacted your ability to get credit? If so, you should seek compensation from the administrators.

Comment

It was on for a little over two weeks and as far as I am aware no. I have just opened a new current account with an overdraft facility with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B View Post
              It was on for a little over two weeks and as far as I am aware no. I have just opened a new current account with an overdraft facility with no problems.
              All good.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X