• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Just spotted a CCJ on my credit file from 2020 - the process of getting it set aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ostell
    replied
    They used an incorrect address knowing that there would be no response and so they would get a default judgement. Not uncommon

Leave a comment:

• DarrenBoro
    replied
    Hi Echat1 - and thank you for taking the time to respond ( espeially over the festive season )

I will follow that advice to the letter ( figuratively speaking ) when you say "They probably sent everything to the wrong address on purpose" am I right in thinking that this was done because when as they expect I get in touch RE: the CCJ they will then have a valid address for me? or some other reason?

Kind refards in advance
    Darren

Leave a comment:

• echat11
    replied
    Hi Darren

Contact the Claimant state the facts (never lived at address / never received paperwork), ask that they consent to the set aside, proving they agree, the set aside fee is £100 otherwise it's more then double that.

You could also consider sending them a SAR, they will provide all the data on the account, which will show everything was sent to the wrong address. They probably sent everything to the wrong address on purpose. They have 30 days to respond to the SAR. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X