• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cra advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cra advice

Hi all,
    I have not posted in sometime and was needing some advice on cra and Lowell.

Back 2018 I was contacted by Lowell about a debt that is not mine. I disputed the debt by means of a CCA letter, I was told they could not obtain info required and account was put on hold, at no time have I admitted liability to the debt. Said debt had a default date of 24/09/2015. I have heard Nothing from them since 2018. Now this debt disappeared from 3 of the cra's last month. Now I have been informed by one of cra's that Lowell have registered a new debt on my file, one that as just been removed.
    My question is will start the 6 years on my credit file again. Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks pabs.
    Tags: None

Yes, what you are asking makes sense. What doesn't make sense is Lowell registering the same debt again, when it's dropped off your credit report after 6 years. I would inform Lowell's that if they don't remove it, you will make a complaint to the ICO. Also add that if you are turned down for credit as a result of that debt appearing on your credit file, you will also complain to the FOS. Follow Lowell's complaints procedure. Link to a similar situation below.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...Lowell-advice=

Comment

Hi thanks for reply,
      I was expecting the this to drop off this month (sept 21)and not show up in October's credit report so this confused me why it had already dropped off report.
      For Lowell to now but it back on.

I cannot get enough information yet to see if they have put a new default date because nothing is showing up on my credit files.
      I will see what happens and write to Lowell to remove it like suggested.

One other thing I have been looking into and it seems devided, is that when I sent the CCA letter asking for proof, did this resett the clock for it been statue barred.
      The CCA letter was sent in response to a legal pre protocol letter, so if did not reply I would of received court attention. may this is for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pabs View Post
        Hi thanks for reply,
        I was expecting the this to drop off this month (sept 21)and not show up in October's credit report so this confused me why it had already dropped off report.
        For Lowell to now but it back on.

I cannot get enough information yet to see if they have put a new default date because nothing is showing up on my credit files.
        I will see what happens and write to Lowell to remove it like suggested.

One other thing I have been looking into and it seems devided, is that when I sent the CCA letter asking for proof, did this resett the clock for it been statue barred.
        The CCA letter was sent in response to a legal pre protocol letter, so if did not reply I would of received court attention. may this is for another thread.
        To find out what's happening with the debt / CRA you could send a SAR to Lowell, they will send you all that data they have on the account, they have 30 days to respond.

'One other thing I have been looking into and it seems devided, is that when I sent the CCA letter asking for proof, did this resett the clock for it been statue barred.'

Here's some info on statue barred -https://debtcamel.co.uk/statute-barred-debt/

Comment

Thanks
          I will send one out

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X