• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

APCOA Parking Luton Airport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APCOA Parking Luton Airport

The driver got totally confused by parking signs at Luton Airport and ended up dropping off in a restricted area and the keeper was duly sent a parking charge in the post. The signage could have been clearer. I appealed as keeper of the vehicle but have not named a driver. I pointed to the poor signage etc etc but my appeal was rejected. They have said I can make an appeal to POPLA

I understand that these tickets should be issued within 15 days of the contravention. In my case it was issued a month later ie parked on 02-06-18 and charge notice dated 02-07-18. Does anyone know how POPLA might regard this point.
    Last edited by Boogsy; 27th July 2018, 10:24:AM.
    Tags: None

First thing is edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be surmised. use "the driver....." etc.

If the signage wasn't clear then the driver was not in the wrong. Here's some similar case for you to peruse. (hope that works)

Post up the PCN, suitable redacted, but leave the dates and also your appeal.

Basically if they don't know the driver then they try and go after the keeper. To transfer liability to the keeper they have to comply with the requirements of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. However POFA is not applicable where byelaws apply or where it is subject to Road Traffic Enforcement. In other words if they don't know the driver then they are up that proverbial creek.

As you have already appealed to APCOA then your POLA appeal will include the fact that the airport is not relevant land for POFA on two counts: Byelaws and RTE. The also did not comply with the 14 days requiement of POFA. They also have to identify the keeper and you are under no obligation to do so. Have a look at that link I gave and see what POLA appeals are in there. I assume you have a POPLA code.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X