• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination advice

Hi, I would like to initiate the voluntary termination of my Peugeot Just Add Fuel agreement. Could you please check my email (which I intend to follow up with a letter) before I send it off:

Dear Sir/Madam

Voluntary Termination of agreement
    Agreement number: ####
    Car registration number: ####

I am writing to notify you that I am exercising my right to terminate the above agreement under Section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, effective immediately. I understand that I shall be liable to you for the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

My finance agreement states, under the “Termination: Your Rights” section, that if I have repaid more than £####, and I have taken “reasonable care” of the vehicle then I will not have to make any further payments. As I have paid more than this amount, and as the car is still in reasonable condition, I will not be making any further payments beyond the payment of £### due on January 17th 2016.

Please send me details of how the vehicle can be returned to you. You will be aware that the Consumer Credit Act prevents you from levying a charge for the recovery of this vehicle and the guidelines also state that if you require me to deliver this vehicle it must be no more than a reasonable distance from my registered address. I consider a reasonable distance to be 30 miles.

Please also confirm receipt of this termination request in writing, and also details of any further amounts owed to settle the Just Add Fuel contribution. I can be contacted at the above address, as a reply to this email, or by phone at ###.

I will be following up this email with a letter sent by recorded delivery.

Yours faithfully

####
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary termination advice

Hello, I might be wrong but isn't the Just Add Fuel by Peugeot a lease option? If that is the case have you double checked the terms of your agreement which confirms you can VT?

Also double check how you cancel because sometimes they require you to write in to cancel the agreement in which case an email is pointless. If you can terminate by email I would just add to the end that a copy of the email has also been sent by post.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X