• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest credit card enforceable cca?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest credit card enforceable cca?

Hi all

I recently sent my cca request to NatWest. I currently owe approximately £8800 and through my dmp with stepchange (3rd year) they are getting £41 a month

They have sent me the application form I originally filled out with my signature present and also about 20 photocopied pages of an "enjoy the convenience of credit card" booklet showing the range of cards available and the yearly costings.

Further more they have forwarded a letter (with no date) which I guess I got sent one year asking me to sign my new cards. The front of the letter states my account was opened in 1995. On the back of this letter is there is the terms and conditions including my £12500 credit limit. When I 1st took the cards out no way would the limit had been £12500 I know they just upped and upped my limit with no request from me. I guess this is a reconstituted agreement they have put together

Is this enforceable? Any help would be grateful

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Natwest credit card enforceable cca?

Welcome aboard
    Originally posted by devonsurfer View Post
    I recently sent my cca request to NatWest. I currently owe approximately £8800 and through my dmp with stepchange (3rd year) they are getting £41 a month

They have sent me the application form I originally filled out with my signature present and also about 20 photocopied pages of an "enjoy the convenience of credit card" booklet showing the range of cards available and the yearly costings.
    There's more to an enforceable agreement than a signature, is there any chance you could scan and post up a redacted copy of the form? As for the booklet, it sounds to me like marketing literature which has nothing to do with your agreement.
    Originally posted by devonsurfer View Post
    Further more they have forwarded a letter (with no date) which I guess I got sent one year asking me to sign my new cards. The front of the letter states my account was opened in 1995. On the back of this letter is there is the terms and conditions including my £12500 credit limit. When I 1st took the cards out no way would the limit had been £12500 I know they just upped and upped my limit with no request from me. I guess this is a reconstituted agreement they have put together

Is this enforceable? Any help would be grateful
    It's not unusual for card issuers to have increased the credit limit many times over the life of the account, in 1995 your limit may have been just £500 or £1,000. However, a letter stating when you opened your account isn't really a copy of your agreement. Once more, it would help if you could post up a redacted copy of this. :typing:

Comment

Hey FP

thanks for having a look for me :doggieyes:

I have enclosed what I received yesterday. The application for is barely readable
      Attached Files

Comment

1 more attachment
        Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X