• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2 defaults for the same thing?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 defaults for the same thing?!

I recently obtained a copy of my credit report and noticed I have 2 different companies for the same thing (car finance) default. One is called CLS finance which shows I'm pating a monthly amount off now which was agreed and the other shows as though I'm paying nothing even though it is the same start date and same account number but the company this time is called Community Savings and Loans. I have queries this with the credit report agency and they say the company are not willing to remove the default even though it is already on there as CLS finance. Any advice please people?
    Tags: None

Re: 2 defaults for the same thing?!

So these are definitely both the same loan?

It is acceptable to have 2 entries for the same debt when it is sold on, but the original one must be marked in some way to show that is has been sold on. i.e. a debt assigned to CAIS member note or similar. That means anyone apart from you checking your report would either not see the original or would see that it was sold on and is not additional account.

If there is not that note/marker, then you will need to complain telling them you will be taking them to the ICO and FOS if not corrected. Either removing the original, or marking it as debt assigned.

Comment

Re: 2 defaults for the same thing?!

Original entry to be marked " settled", still showing default date, new entry to show debt purchasers details and the Same Default date as the original entry.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X