• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No Default on Credit File, despite default being issued by Debt Collection Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Default on Credit File, despite default being issued by Debt Collection Agency

I agree with Nibbler here the account is in an arrangement to pay.
    Barclaycard has been notorious for it's very poor data processing.
    I believe an investigation was started on this, but I don't know if
    it has been concluded.
    nem

Comment

Re: No Default on Credit File, despite default being issued by Debt Collection Agency

Thanks, I'll just sit on it until it's SB and then take it up with them with the threat of being reported to the ICO & FOS/FCA etc.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

At an earlier point it would gave been easier to challenge this using the ICOs Technical Guidance, unfortunately this was updated last year resulting in changes in regards to Arrangements to Pay - v - Defaults I'm think it may be worth trying to get Barclaycard to back date a default to the date of 1month after the last ever payment, do you know when this was?

nem

ps I'll help with a letter if need be.

Comment

The old ICO guidelines still apply here as the new updates are not retrospective regards previous historical reporting.

The AP vs default argument may or would have been an issue if this had genuinely been in some sort of low level payment arrangement for the 6+ years, but in this case where no payments were made over that term an AP is completely inaccurate and false under any definition or set of guidelines.

I agree though, Barclaycard have been taking the proverbial p*** over the last 10 years or so, failing to mark obviously defaulted accounts as such, and inappropriate use of AP markers, 6 months in arrears status updates, or just plain not updating records, so that accounts that should have default instead remain indefinitely on reports.
          Last edited by Nibbler; 4th February 2015, 13:27:PM. Reason: for another thread

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Barclaycard has been notorious for it's very poor data processing.
            I believe an investigation was started on this, but I don't know if
            it has been concluded.
            Yes, as the very least BC have been doing their own audits and writing to some people saying they have been misreporting. Seen somewhere that is the result of external pressure due to complaints, but can't recall where I've seen that right this sec.

Comment

I seem to remember an article in Credit Today and or a newspaper financial report.
              nem

Comment

That is a proper default notice- BUT- is not a default.
                As explained in post 2#

Mercers are Barclays in house collections department.

I disagree. It's maybe meant to be a default notice but it is not. The notice is bad.

M1

Comment

In what way?
                  We have only page 1 of 2 here.

nem

Comment

Shall I dig out & scan the 2nd page?

Comment

In what way?
                      We have only page 1 of 2 here.

nem

Without actually doing a more forensic look at the notice and th 1983 regs and comparing, look at the dates, look at the prescribed header, missing prescribed statements. It's absolute bog roll.

M1

Comment

Default notice is invalid!! as has to be issued by the owner or creditor, and an agent under cca1974 doesn't count.

And must also include the address of each party. have they terminated the acc yet?

Tigs

Comment

Originally posted by stigger74 View Post
                          Default notice is invalid!! as has to be issued by the owner or creditor, and an agent under cca1974 doesn't count.

And must also include the address of each party. have they terminated the acc yet?

Tigs
                          A DCA may also and often is a Debt Purchaser, neither can issue a default notice, they can however up date credit reference files with their details.
                          Barclays in house i.e. same company issues DN's quite properly.

nem

Comment

Agree they can update the credit ref files, in effect the wording would cause it to be issued im properly .
                            As for Barclays in house issuing DN,s properly, I should show you mine.... ;p

The devil is in the detail when did Barclays change their logo? Looks like a more current logo, At which point did they change from the arrow?

As the wording in consumer credit 1983 no1561 section (2) B "Any notice to be given by the debtor or the owner". the statement we act as agents should render it toilet paper.

Then will confirm that in 10 days time. lol

Not wishing to step on toes, the header isn't the original as is 08 date so not the original...... not a true copy.

Comment

Mercers is Barclays same company.

- - - Updated - - -

It is irrelevant here as no default was placed.
                              Mercers is Barclays in house 'collections/pre legal.

nem

Comment

Mercers is a dormant company and non trading. And as such is not the legal owner or original creditor. The paperwork is copy and paste special as the document is 10/08 and wasn't the original. so as to try and improve it has been edited. the devil is in the detail...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X