• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Offset whilst on a DMP. Debt sold to Lowells.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Offset whilst on a DMP. Debt sold to Lowells.

Hi

I am new here so i'm not sure if i'm posting in the right place.

I am after some advice regarding a Shop Direct PPI claim. I had an account with them which was sold onto Lowells which has since been placed into a dmp. My complaint has been upheld by the FOS, but Shop Direct say they will offset it against my account which has been sold to Lowells.

Can they do this if the account has been sold on?

I have a more pressing debt which I would like to pay off as it is at a very high APR and is costing a significant amount every month.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stacey
    Tags: None

Re: PPI Offset whilst on a DMP. Debt sold to Lowells.

NO it's none of Lowells business.
    Make a formal complaint to SD finance and insist on the payment is made to you.

Comment

Thankyou for your reply.

Im going to put in a complaint.

I had been told Shop Direct could buy the debt back, do you have any knowledge of this?

Stacey

Comment

There has been mention of this happening but as yet I have not seen it happen, much would depend on the terms of the assignment of the debt from SD.

Comment

Hi just posting an update.

Shop Direct did in fact offset the PPI claim to Lowells.

I requested for it to come to me, but they told me they bought the debt back from Lowells, offset the amount and then sold the debt back to Lowells.

FOS have agreed to re open my complaint and hopefully will have an update on this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by StaceyLacey29 View Post
            I have a more pressing debt which I would like to pay off as it is at a very high APR and is costing a significant amount every month.
            I will be interested to see the outcome of this.

But meanwhile, can I ask why the debt with a high APR has not been included in your DMP? If it has, have they refused to freeze interest?

Comment

As soon as I get an update I will post.

My debt with a high APR is a hire purchase vehicle. The dmp won't deal with those.

Comment

Hi all,

I just wanted to give an update on this situation. Shop Direct have agreed to send the PPI refund to me direct by cheque. Due to a notice of reposession on my home i called them with the financial ombudsman still doing their work in the background and they agreed straightaway. I can now cancel my complaint with the FOS.

It took 3 long years from start to finish and thank you to people who gave me advice on this.

Stacey

Comment

Great news for you. [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] hopefully the wraparound will draw you to the thread for the great advice you gave
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

A great result!!
                    This " underhand" practice of selling back when PPI has been discovered needs investigating, are these sell backs legal properly assigned etc., I wonder!!:high5:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X