• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio chasing old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Portfolio chasing old debt

Originally posted by Blaz View Post
    UPDATE - So far so good! 6 months have passed since I sent a CCA request, still no response from Lowell! Is this a normal timescale to wait for a CCA reply? In other words, if they were going to send me proof of CCA would they have sent it by now?
    No, they should have responded in 14 working days but if Lowell ever did that, hell would freeze over! :evil:

No need to chase, in this case no news = good news! :thumb:

Now you have just 7 months to go as opposed to 13, time does fly! :clock: clock:
    So it's been over 14 days and I've not heard anything from Lowells, only the letter I mentioned above from BW Legal - I know its still early days but at least the account is now in default (for now at least). 13 months to go until SB
    :high5: :high5:

Comment

Has Lowells charged you interest on the outstanding amount - I thought they weren't allowed to charge interest after default, if i'm wrong i'd like to know, their solicitor is charging me interest at the statutory rate! :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Hi James - To be honest i havent even checked if theyve tacked anything on, i dont think so though. My account defaulted in 2007 if i remember right, i cant say ive noticed added charges in any letters ive received over this. Unless they send me a valid copy of my CCA I wont worry about that kind of stuff, until then im counting down the months until statute barred! 6 months to go!

Speak with Flaming Parrott he's been a brilliant help for me, I hope you get things sorted!

Comment

Hi James - To be honest i havent even checked if theyve tacked anything on, i dont think so though. My account defaulted in 2007 if i remember right, i cant say ive noticed added charges in any letters ive received over this. Unless they send me a valid copy of my CCA I wont worry about that kind of stuff, until then im counting down the months until statute barred! 6 months to go!

Speak with Flaming Parrott he's been a brilliant help for me, I hope you get things sorted!
          Hey Blaz,

Did you hear any more about this?

Comment

Originally posted by ramsden78 View Post
            Did you hear any more about this?
            Well, if he (?) didn't, it should be SBd now! :whoo:
            Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Now you have just 7 months to go as opposed to 13, time does fly! :clock: clock:
            :high5: :high5:
            Well the 7 months have actually gone! I posted that 7 months ago! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Much appreciated. :yo: Although I'm a lady parrot.

Comment

Wow so I started this thread in September 2014 and thanks to everyone's advice I sent off a CCA request and heard nothing! I thought my debt went Statute barred in November but turns iut i sent a small payment in Jan 2010, but now that its March 2016 the debt is officially SBd! :ymca:

Thank you all for your help and advice!

This week a letter from Lowell turned up "Notice of Sums in Arrears"
              "Please note your account is being managed by BW LEGAL on our behalf, If you have any questions about your account or this notice please contact BW Legal"

So now that this is SBd do i ignore the letter or send a SB template letter to them? Im sure this is a just a random computer generated fishing letter but its very cheeky of them to send this seeing as im still waiting for them to respond to my CCA request lol.

Comment

Hi Blaz

IMHO

You could just file for future reference, but if it were me, I'd buzz off a quick SB letter to them (free cert of posting).
                Once you raise the spectre of SB, the onus is on them to prove otherwise.
                (& this kind of letter is sometimes a pre-cursor of them playing silly-sods :tinysmile_twink_t2
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  Hi Blaz

IMHO

You could just file for future reference, but if it were me, I'd buzz off a quick SB letter to them (free cert of posting).
                  Once you raise the spectre of SB, the onus is on them to prove otherwise.
                  (& this kind of letter is sometimes a pre-cursor of them playing silly-sods :tinysmile_twink_t2
                  Thanks for the advice - can you recommend a good template?

Comment

Thanks for the advice - can you recommend a good template?
                    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ed-Debt-Letter
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X