• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax Credit Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax Credit Agreement

Hi,

Wonder if someone would mind casting their more knowledgable eye over my Halifax credit card agreement, and give me their view on enforceability?

Not the best copy had to use phone as scanner is fooked.

Many Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lynnyloo; 15th November 2013, 06:23:AM. Reason: Amended attachment
    Tags: None

Re: Halifax Credit Agreement

We'd be happy to take a look.
    Please make a good quality scan of the agreement. Remove/obscure your personal details carefully.
    Then using the 'Go Advanced' post reply, upload a the copy using the paperclip symbol.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

It's actually really bad upload! Will try get to a scanner 2mo!

Comment

Yup very difficult to tell. What year did you open the account? What do you actually remember about opening the card.
        That is a pre populated form, so it was sent to you as some sort of 'offer'. What else was sent in response to the s78 request?
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I actually got this as part of a SAR from HBOS a while ago, although I have also formally sent s78 to Lowell but not received anything yet.

It was opened September 2005 over the phone I think, it's due to be barred in 2014. HBOS sold to Lowell's this year and as they own this and also my O/D debt I think they will start coming down heavy soon.
          Last edited by Lynnyloo; 14th November 2013, 21:07:PM.

Comment

Do you own a property? That fact alone dictates whether this will become a statutory demand?

Comment

I do yeah, but it is in quite a bit of negative equity. I don't have any other assets and cannot afford to repay it either, but I certainly don't want them getting a decree against me. I'd rather pay back HSBOS than give a penny to Lowell's!

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                Do you own a property? That fact alone dictates whether this will become a statutory demand?
                Lynnyloo is in Scotland where the debt must be £3,000 or over for BR (sequestration). I'm not sure how this effects the statutory demand set-aside process:

http://www.aib.gov.uk/Services/Legis...orsapplication
                Last edited by PlanB; 14th November 2013, 22:11:PM. Reason: linky problems :(

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnyloo View Post
                  It was opened September 2005 over the phone I think, it's due to be barred in 2014. HBOS sold to Lowell's this year and as they own this and also my O/D debt I think they will start coming down heavy soon.
                  Remind us how much this debt it for. If possible add a link to your other threads. I know I've posted on some of them

Comment

It's for £3500 so above the £3000, and the fact my O/D is just less than £3000, I get the impression from Lowells that they are relying on enforcing the credit card debt to add the O/D to that. Not that they've said anything and maybe it's just me being paranoid, but they are just more forth coming with the credit card, and have ignored my letter about the overdraft.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...dvice-on-deali

Not sure if I have added link correctly.

Comment

It's for £3500 so above the £3000, and the fact my O/D is just less than £3000, I get the impression from Lowells that they are relying on enforcing the credit card debt to add the O/D to that. Not that they've said anything and maybe it's just me being paranoid, but they are just more forth coming with the credit card, and have ignored my letter about the overdraft..
                      So how much is the O/D and how much the credit card? O/Ds are treated differently, in that they are attached to a current account and there would have been no credit agreement as such, so you cannot argue unenforceability due to lack of a properly executed agreement. However, there are some regulations governing O/Ds. You may want to look at this thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...144#post312144
                      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...dvice-on-deali

Not sure if I have added link correctly.
                      You have, and I've posted on that thread. :thumb:

Comment

It's actually really bad upload! Will try get to a scanner 2mo!
                        Although still work in progress, this may help: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...076#post387076 :nerd:

Comment

The credit card is £3500, the overdraft £2600.

I have sent sent off the overdraft cca letter, but would they regulations apply to my overdraft? As it was opened in 2001 went into unauthorised overdraft in 2009 and defaulted in 2010 when they EU regulations came into play.

Comment

The credit card is £3500, the overdraft £2600.

I have sent sent off the overdraft cca letter, but would they regulations apply to my overdraft? As it was opened in 2001 went into unauthorised overdraft in 2009 .
                            Isn't this you called Loopyloo on another website where I have posted on your debt thread? The details are a perfect match. On that site it refers to a previous failed PPI claim on the credit card but I can't see any reference to PPI on the application form that you've posted on here which could make the creditor in breach of section 18 of the CCA 1974. If you're not the same person check whether you may also have had PPI?
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 13th April 2014, 17:11:PM.

Comment

Yeah that's me! I did do a a ppi claim back in 2009, but can't remember what account on most likely on the loan but possibly on card (I was a bit of a mess back then) I was only reminded of that it because there is a letter in the SAR that was sent a year after the claim was declined inviting me to take part in a review of their disability claims. It doesn't mention which account I claimed against though (I've had ppi on every loan I had with them) and I probably just ignored the letter. I also don't have my claim form in the sar to refer to. In fact there is loads missing from the sar, no letters that would have been sent to me, no default notices or warnings of default.

I signed the box on the credit card agreement for card cover, which is payment protection for the credit card I think?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X