• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help!!!!!! Drydens in court on the 19/12/2013!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!! Drydens in court on the 19/12/2013!!!!!!!!!

My wife had a Vanquis account since 18/05/06. She cannot remember how she applied whether online or via an advert. Anyway we cca’d them about 3 years ago and all they sent was a set of terms and conds but with no signature[ or tick box. No name or address on it. I wrote to them saying it’s not good enough and that the account was now in dispute. We had the usual threatening phone calls etc but haven’t heard anything for about 7 months. Today I received a summons from MCOL stating we are being summoned to court.

The POCof claim summarised are
    1. claiming in respect of an agreement under the CCA 1974 failed to maintain payments etc
    2.Debt was legally assigned to Lowell’s by Vanquis
    3 interest
    Date of issue is 12 Jun 2013.

This is all from Dryden’s sol.................

I do still have the original CCA they sent and it certainly isn’t a computer screenshot. More like the leaflet they used to send....

Some advice would be grateful. What to do next....I’m a bit disappointed as I hoped all this was behind us and we have managed to get back on our feet.

The summons has all been acknowledged etc and AQ filled out.

However I have had absolutely no real info from them, including no CCA.

I then received my SAR from Vanquis and after looking through it I realise that I have a counter claim against them for penalty charges, late payment etc that with the compound interest comes to £2500 ..Which is more than we owe them!

Hi, ok some important questions and some help please. It all went quiet for a while after I was told it was being sent to my local court. I haven’t filed a counter claim yet as I was told by the bulk court to do nothing until I heard from my local court.

That was about a month ago. Anyway today a lot of papers arrive from the Chelmsford county court. They state that the hearing will be on the 19th December at the small claims court.

Right the thing I need help with is the following.

1.What form do I use to send to the court for a counter claim and if claiming for compound interest am I claiming for restitution?
    2.If so any idea where I could find particulars of claim for that. They are just penalty charges (late payment etc) pretty standard and I have done the CI sheet.
    3. I take it I agree to mediation? But also I would like to get the counterclaim in before that starts as it will give me a bit more leverage
    4.What documents do I have to send them? All I have is the SAR they sent me and the original letters asking for the account to be suspended due to financial hardship (wife lost job) all ignored. Then the CCA request then the debt not acknowledged letter. All pretty much ignored. Only one answered was the CCA request with photocopy of t&c's.
    5.Can I ask for disclosure order from the judge as they still haven’t sent a CCA even with the SAR request and I still have never seen one. If so what form do I use?
    6. Would it be better to write to Dryden’s and inform them of my intention to counter claim and ask them to agree a stay and amendment of defence bearing in mind the lack of information was their fault.( Hoping they will run away)

Please help as the deadline is now approaching

Geoff
    Last edited by finlander; 12th November 2013, 21:07:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help!!!!!! Drydens in court on the 19/12/2013!!!!!!!!!

ive had a good look through all the paper work tonight.

this seems to be a right dogs breakfast by them.

There is still no CCA. the internet bit on vaquis SAR states 'internet activation' and is dated the 18/06/2006.
    but lowells statements state CCA 'signed' 15/05/2006.
    that doesn sound like an internet application to me.

However all in got to my original CCa requestinn 2009 is a copy of their t&c's so technically they are still in default of that so shouldnt be taking me to court anyway.

Also there is no default notces from either lowells or vanquis in the SAR's despite both claiming that they include all correspondence.

Lastly theaccount shows quite a few penalty charges which when entered into the CI calcualtorsheet shows that if it is vali till the ate he account sold
    they owe me £600 quid and if valid till the date of the court summons than its £2500. the balance being sought is £2100.
    Last edited by Tools; 12th November 2013, 21:13:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X