• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA 1974 Loan amount in excess of the £25k threshold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA 1974 Loan amount in excess of the £25k threshold

Correct. It ran alongside my mortgage for 20 years and my monthly payments increased with my borrowing
    Last edited by theturningworm; 17th October 2013, 20:10:PM.

Comment

Would it help to see the agreement andy?

Comment

Originally posted by theturningworm View Post
        Would it help to see the agreement andy?
        Unfortunately I cannot say until I see it, it may be totally kosher, it may be that it is a multiple agreement and part of it should have had its own agreement per section 18 of the CCA, and be unenforceable because it didn't. This is a long shot but the agreement is unusual in that I am not aware of a running account agreement which is not regulated, even if the limit is 35k, the actual credit will be whatever is drawn. So at least at the beginning of the term the total credit has to be under the threshold,(if you see what I mean). I cannot promise anything, like I say it is a long shot. Perhaps a PM to the site admin(amethyst) to see if you can copy the agreement to a secure area.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X