• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bought a caravan on false sales advice - Black Horse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a caravan on false sales advice - Black Horse

I bought a caravan on a Park Resort site for £10,000 financed by Black Horse Finance.

During the sale, the salesman told me I could get a phone line installed to the caravan, he even discussed with this with the sales manager, in private, and I was shown a range of pitches with 'phone plugs.' I've yet to see a phone plug.

Turns out this was a lie, the site manager looked at me stupidly when I mentioned it during the meeting with him. There's no such possibility, the only wifi is in the site's club house.

I need the phone line for my work and leisure. Now I'm stuck with a caravan on finance and have to pay for a landline elsewhere to do my work.

What advice can you offer me in terms of getting out of the agreement?
    I've paid the first couple of monthly payments and a deposit.
    Mi-Fi, dongles and other mobile broadbands are not an option, only a BT line with broadband.

I'm prepared to just stop paying and go to court or whatever, even contact watchdog or anything.

Any advice appreciated, even moral support for making a stand against these type of salesmen.

Also, this is my first post, appologies if it's in wrong catagory.
    Lee
    Tags: None

Re: Bought a caravan on false sales advice - Black Horse

Hi leestafford.

Is there anything in writing connecting the phantom 'phone plug & the sales agreement?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

would think not if it wasn't true why would the sales team say it so it can come back to haunt them

Comment

If there's no proof of it being said, I think you may find it very hard to do anything. Fingers crossed there's something written about it! :beagle:

Comment

There's no written proof at all.
          Imagine I just stop paying out of protest... risk the action I may face.
          Would I be looked at as a hero for standing up against lying salesmen or a fool for getting black listed?
          (I don't own any property so can't see them repossessing anything other than the caravan if it goes pear shaped.)

Comment

I'll see if I can get someone to look in on this.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I found this though...
              "[F1A person commits an offence if, for the purposes of, or in connection with, any requirement imposed or other provision made by or under this Act, he knowingly or recklessly gives information to the OFT, or to an officer of the OFT, which, in a material particular, is false or misleading.]"

Pasted from CCA 1974 (Although I guess you knew already

Hopefully it will help somehow

Comment

HI Leestafford,
                First a few questions and pointers for starters
                1. What was the name of the resort. ( Owner company name)?
                2. Submit a subject access request to that company
                3. Submit same to Black Horse Ltd
                4. Did the resort/salesman act as you broker?
                5. Did he point you to Black Horse or did you approach Black Horse yourself.
                I'll be asking further questions as we go along .......you might think I'm being a bit of a pain ...but I may be able to assist you as we go on

Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by leestafford View Post
                  I found this though...
                  "[F1A person commits an offence if, for the purposes of, or in connection with, any requirement imposed or other provision made by or under this Act, he knowingly or recklessly gives information to the OFT, or to an officer of the OFT, which, in a material particular, is false or misleading.]"

Pasted from CCA 1974 (Although I guess you knew already

Hopefully it will help somehow
                  No this will not help you much if at all as it only relates to giving false info to the OFT.
                  That has not happened or so it seems at this moment in time.

Sparkie.

Comment

Ta Sparkie!
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

This is in their Terms and Conditions:

The Small Print

Like every sale, terms and conditions apply. We will go though these carefully and thoroughly with you, so that you can clearly understand what they will mean to you.

If you become an owner with Park Resorts, you will be invited to sit down with the General Manager and talk through every aspect of Holiday Home ownership. This is the perfect opportunity to ask any questions you may have.

Did you have this opportunity? If so, did you ask about the telephone line?

Comment

If its not in writing then you'll have a hell of a job proving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                          HI Leestafford,
                          First a few questions and pointers for starters
                          1. What was the name of the resort. ( Owner company name)?
                          2. Submit a subject access request to that company
                          3. Submit same to Black Horse Ltd
                          4. Did the resort/salesman act as you broker?
                          5. Did he point you to Black Horse or did you approach Black Horse yourself.
                          I'll be asking further questions as we go along .......you might think I'm being a bit of a pain ...but I may be able to assist you as we go on

Sparkie
                          Park resorts - Whitley Bay
                          I'm not sure what 2 & 3 mean but I'll inform black horse when I get a chance this week.
                          The salesman set up the finance deal with black horse through the site - I guess that makes him the broker.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, I appreciate your time helping me

Comment

Which one of these companies did you actually buy your caravan off??

04133998 PARK RESORTS LIMITED
                            05223505 PARK RESORTS GROUP LIMITED
                            04178974 PARK RESORTS HOLDINGS LIMITED
                            04295935 PARK RESORTS TRANSPORT LIMITED
                            04189092 PARK RESORTS UK LIMITED

Comment

Were you actually told you could not have a land line installed by the site manager?

BT do or did do them but at a cost and only with the site owners permission.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X