• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT our static caravan.... HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT our static caravan.... HELP!

Hello everyone, new to this forum and in need of some advice.....

My wife acquired a brand new static caravan in February this year on a conditional sale agreement.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, my wife is self employed and whilst having the required incomings over the past five years, this year has seen an unexpected change in circumstances on our finances..

So we need to end this agreement immediately as her job will no longer bring in the required amount to cover this.... it is for 12 years and we can't cover the monthly payments, site fees and all that goes with this..

After seeking advice from Step Change Debt Charity, we was advised to try to sell the caravan, we wrote to the finance company to ask permission to do this and they wrote back refusing to let us do this.

So again, after seeking further advice, we was told under the consumer credit act, that we could end the agreement, VT it, and hand the goods back to the finance company....

We sent off the template letter from the CAB to the finance company and from what I have learned on here, that should be honoured, I know we are well below half way or even a third, but was told that doesn't matter...

Today we have received a letter back from them saying :

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request to cancel the above agreement as product related cancellations are solely at the discretion of the retailer. Should you wish to proceed with your cancellation request, you will need to contact the retailer directly.

?????? Nowhere in the agreement does it state I need the retailers permission to end the agreement ???????

I assume that this is because the asset is currently on the holiday park, but why do I need to go to the retailer and why at there discretion???????

Also, as we have taken advice, our next payment is due next week, we have stopped the direct debit as we have ended the agreement on 22nd August, with proof of posting and ackonowledgment from the finance company, but am now worried if they don't collect that then
    are we viewed as defaulting??? I didn't think we was, I thought it stopped immediately, we surrender the goods which we are willing to do...

Any help will be much appreciated....

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: VT our static caravan.... HELP!

Have you seen this? It is possibly the most comprehensive and informative piece I have seen on VT's.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...r-the-CCA-1974

Have a read and come back with any outstanding questions.

Comment

Hello

I am seeking advice. My first time on one of these sites so please excuse if I am doing this all wrong.
      I have lived in my house for over 6 six and always had a mobile home/.static caravan for over 50's behind me, just the Apex of the building. I got home for lunch last week to discover they have replaced the home side ways on and a lot higher. The home now stares straight into my garden and home? Even if i sit in a chair in my garden I am still fully visible?

The council advise they own the site and they can put homes in there any direction they want to? there doesn't seem to be anything about invasion of privacy?

Please can someone help me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X