• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

am i regulated or not CLYDESDALE BANK NAB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i regulated or not CLYDESDALE BANK NAB

hello
    I am very confused. I took out a loan in 2007 for 648,000. The loan was to refinance my properties and get planning for a scheme on the back part. The loan was for a year. This loan had no exclusion clause. The market collapsed before I could get planning and the Housing Association I had lined up pulled out. I renewed my facility. This time my loan clearly stated I was excluded from the CCA. I signed 2 new facilities in 2010, these did not have the exclusion included, one was for 200,000 ( Tailored Business Loan ) and the other 448,000. The bank have acted very unfairly towards me since the expiry of these loans as they are no longer interested in having a property portfolio in the uk and my loans went down under. The bank wanted me to sign a 6 week facility last year, at a huge cost and gave me 7 days to sign. I didn't. This facility had in huge letters not regulated. I was evicted from my rented house and I moved into one of my properties. When the bank found out they said I had no right and I had to ask their permission before moving in. I had a meeting with my manager at a financial solutions centre. The bank have manipulated my accounts so that I was on a Charities and Clubs account - paying no interest for at least 12 months. I wanted to know what this was, and my manager said not to ask about it or bring it up again. That it was in my interest that I had it and keep quiet. I wrote to the chief Ex and complained. I said I was regulated and they hadn't followed any procedure at all, I said I was most unhappy and that they had also included my facility fee as in Penelope wilson and 1st County. The bank have sent in the receivers who have removed all my income. I wrote again and said not only had I always intended to live here but that I was now and that I was not exempt. I am awaiting a letter from the banks solicitors who 'believe' they had a right to send in the LPA receivers. On the last facility letter they had only put one of my properties as security, I said how can they take all when only one was written on the facility letter. The LPA's say that the next step is a court order to evict me and my family.
    Who is right?
    Am I right in thinking that each loan facility supersedes the former?
    Have I a chance
    How do I proceed?
    Anyone out there with any ideas at all?
    thanks
    Last edited by underdebthtreat; 13th August 2013, 23:41:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: am i regulated or not CLYDESDALE BANK NAB

Hello,
    Was your loan unregulated or regulated?
    You said you moved into your property -
    Did you have the Banks permission ?
    In writing or verbal.
    Its strange that they typed NOT REGULATED in huge letters on your facility and said that you had to ask their permission before moving in!
    It would appear they are worried about something.
    I can not understand the Charities and Clubs account and you paying no interest.
    It appears the Local Bank were working in a different manner to head office and not in tandem.
    Was the Local Bank Manager working off his/her own back ?
    In any event a Local Manager would by taking any actions be doing so as if the Main Bank is doing so themselves as the Manager would be authorised to do so.
    You may find the Manager Locally has been disciplined and removed from office.

Something does not sound right at all.

Regards

Comment

Even though your account was put into a Charities and Club account, were you paying interest on the original loan agreement?

Comment

I seem to remember something in Mulhall v Clydesdale Bank about either a renewed facility or a second loan, dont know if any of the things in Mulhall are relevant to your case, but it might be worth having a look

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
          I seem to remember something in Mulhall v Clydesdale Bank about either a renewed facility or a second loan, dont know if any of the things in Mulhall are relevant to your case, but it might be worth having a look

Where is this case Mulhall v Clydesdale Bank ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X