• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shopacheck Reconstructed agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shopacheck Reconstructed agreement

Originally posted by labman View Post
    Labman, Red Setter, whatever? I'm called far worse!
    Yes, but you've not been called Gertrude for a while.
    Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
    So am I! :scared: :scared: :scared:
    Mostly by Noddy? :rofl:

Originally posted by labman View Post
    Flaming Parrot is right in saying that the letter I posted up is very effective at keeping your debt moving on. People don't like being confronted with letters they're not accustomed to, so if they pass it on, your objective has been achieved for now.
    I had hoped that someone might have remembered the precise reference in the Regulations that states that agreements must be legible. I know that's just a matter of common sense, but one must remember that the company with which one is dealing has a character or ethos best described as "reet bloody Yorksheer".

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Yes, but you've not been called Gertrude for a while.

Mostly by Noddy? :rofl:

I had hoped that someone might have remembered the precise reference in the Regulations that states that agreements must be legible. I know that's just a matter of common sense, but one must remember that the company with which one is dealing has a character or ethos best described as "reet bloody Yorksheer".
      2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1)The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the [background medium upon which the information is displayed].

I was thinking of adding this to my reply.

'.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        Ah, but was that an agreement? What I will refer as page 1 was quite legible, page 2 with the terms was not. But regardless of legibility, there is no way those terms were part of the same document as page 1, you wouldn't have a document like that laid out in 2 columns on one side and just one column like those terms on the other side, that was just a very rough, rather desperate C&P job!

Comment

Nor would any native Yorkshireman willingly state that the APR was 0%.

Comment

Hi I'm having the same issue with Halifax, not legible and looks like the application form… they have sent a reconstructed one you can't even read the application and they have told me to go to the ombudsman?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X