• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard/Lowell no CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard/Lowell no CCA

Hello All,

I have read advice to others in here and always found it to be helpful with my own issues. Today I was hoping I could ask advice on an ongoing dispute I have with Barclaycard/Lowell/Red/Hamptons.

I had a Credit card from Barclaycard back in 2001, there is debt outstanding on this for around 600 mark. In an attempt to sort and organise my debts a few years back,I cca'd Barclaycard for a copy of the agreement. To cut a long story short, they didnt have one and i sent them the dispute letter. I then sent and SAR (because they defaulted me, no DN, nothing) and there was again, no cca and nothing to show they had sent me any type of DN. I then started withholding my payments stressing to them that I wanted to see the correct documentation.

Nothing has ever been forthcoming other than a letter informing me it had all been passed to Lowell. I then had the same argument with Lowell, they refuse to acknowledge there is no CCA and have transferred the Default into their name. Now they have recenly passed to Red with a threat of it going to Hamptons. I am aware they are all the same outfit.

I have also stressed in a letter that they are to remove my telephone number under the protection of harrassment act yet they do still occasionally call, they also text me quite reguarly.

My question is - what should I do from here, Barclaycard being in default of the CCA request dates back to 2009 and they have clearly sold this debt on to a company who should not be contacting me, more worryingly ignoring the fact it is clearly in dispute.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Barclaycard/Lowell no CCA

have all requests to barclayshark, lowell, red, whoever been put in writing, do you have copies, were they acknowledged, and were they sent recorded delivery

the point i am making is you need proof and substantiate the letters were sent

if not then you need to send again by recorded delivery stating the account has been in dispute since xyz and the reasons for the dispute direct to lowells

Comment

Thanks for replying Militant

My CCA requests were sent recorded, as it was a few years ago, I am hoping I still have the receipts (i should have somewhere) also, they have said in letters that they complied with the request by sending a copy of an application form (i still have that letter) then Lowell used the same argument.

Also they replied to the SAR (minus a CCA and DN)

Should I send Lowell the actual 'in dispute' letter that went to Barclaycard when they defaulted on the CCA request, or would the fact I have continually explained the situation by letter to Lowell several times suffice?
      Last edited by meljam; 12th October 2012, 12:40:PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

bumped

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X