• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

s75 and Landbanking companies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s75 and Landbanking companies

Hi, this is my first post so hope it's ok! I purchased two landbanking plots in 2004, before I realised they were scams (I admit my nievity!)I paid £500 by MBNA credit card for each transaction. THe two companies were Hayden James Land Acquisition (HJLA) and Land International Ltd (LI). Both companies are now closed down by the FSA and a joint petition by the Official Receiver and Secretary of State for Industry.

The cost of the respective plots were £11995 and £9995. Land International did not provide any purchase contract or terms and conditions.

My case went to the FOS, and at that point I discovered that a precedent existed as another party had gained a refund from HBOS, I sent evidence to the FOS but this was ignored...they only deal with each case on its own merit...they do not see that there is a partial breach of contract with HJLA or how the closure of LI for 'alleged multiple misrepresentations' has any bearing on my claim...which has no purchase contract etc.

Any legal advice would be appreciated as I am extremely low right now and my husband passed over last November..so this is the last thing I need right now. I have until 14th June to respond to the final decision against me.
    Tags: None

Re: s75 and Landbanking companies

I do not understand why you bothered with the FOS when the card company would be jointly and severally liable for the non-performance of the contracts with both companies.

If the card company won't refund your money, sue them!

Comment

Hi Cleverclogs,

I have done the sending of paperwork to the credit card companies..who currently just divert things to the Ombudsman Service (a Limited company) and pay them per case (told to me by a credit card company employee).

The final decision by the Ombudsman for the two case can be seen to be reckless..as he didn't take everything into account. I have been to the CAB, where a guy spent ages drafting letters to the card companies and the FOS, and agrees with me that there is definitely misrepresentation and breaches of contract. I am currently waiting for responses before seeing my MP and going to court. The original plots cost me almost £38k in total...but with compound interest it's considerably more.

I think the current economic climate and the publicity now given to s. 75 of the CCA 1974 makes the credit card companies and the biased FOS (because they get paid by the financial sector, very difficult to deal with...and their interpretation is so narrowly focused.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I suspect that the FOS was always meant to be the Fobbing Off Service.

Comment

Malouf v MBNA – Section 75 makes Credit Card Co. liable for refund in land banking

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X