• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Citi (Shell Visa) v jax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citi (Shell Visa) v jax

Can anyone suggest a response to Connaughts please?

I approached Citi back in 2008 for a copy of my CCA and they responded they were under no obligation to do so and so they didn't!

Since then this account has been bouncing back and forth between LCS Solicitors, 1st credit, J&S Solicitors and Connaught.

Connaughts have now (finally) issued a 'true' copy of my CCA - two in fact - one from Citi and one from RBS Nautical - neither is dated so I don't know which one came first.

However, the charges are stated as £12 so I know it's not the original as I opened this account with Shell back around 2000/2001 - I have charges dating that far back at £20.

Any ideas what I should state in my response??
    Tags: None

Re: Citi (Shell Visa) v jax

Are either of these compliant with Carey ?

Ie signed by you with the correct opening address and BOTH T&C's from inception and current ??

Comment

Ah Ben my friend - how are you??

What I've received are TWO copies of a CCA - obviously reconstituted, as in typed up T&Cs.

They have my name and address on both of them - neither is from inception of opening account as that was with Shell - these are from Citi (which took over Shell I believe) and RBS Nautilus (not sure where they fit into the picture tbh).

I imagine one of them must be the current T&Cs, though not sure which one.

Neither has my signature nor copy of it (as in photocopy)

Are either of these compliant with Carey ?
      Not sure what you mean by this??

Comment

Carey states that the agreement CAN be a recon, BUT must be from the time you took the card out as well as 2 sets of T&C's.

Sounds like Conartist are trying it on as ever, as these documents you have never seen before..

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
          Carey states that the agreement CAN be a recon, BUT must be from the time you took the card out as well as 2 sets of T&C's.

Sounds like Conartist are trying it on as ever, as these documents you have never seen before..

So what do you think I should reply - Their letter states that as I have not paid since May 2008 unless I propose an acceptable payment offer then I leave them with no other option than to review my account for legal action.

Comment

Have had another letter from Connaught saying that their client (farce credit) is disappointed it has not received payment despite prior communications.

If I don't pay (and this is my LAST opportunity) they WILL commence proceedings.

Please could someone give me some guidance as to what to say in my response??

* the only CCAs received are as in post #1
            * I have no NoA from 1st credit (should I have??) and should I ask for one?

Be grateful for some help please

(Am away from early tomorrow morning until Thursday so may not get on site again till then but will try)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X