• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HBOS Credit Agreements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBOS Credit Agreements

Hi. I wonder if I could ask the advice of the leagle beagles? I have been wrestling with about £150K worth of unsecured debt over the last three years as a result of my business failing. The card companies froze the interest. CCCS recommended bankruptcy but I did not want to go down this route. I subsequently entered into token payment agreements with the various creditors and have (over time) managed to do full & final settlement deals (all in writing and via a relation) with most of them at anywhere between 15%-60% of the original debt.

I now owe about £50K and it is all with HBOS group. They have been much more stubborn and will not reduce the debt below 75% even though they know I have no real assets. I am now keen to wipe the debt once and for all but cannot afford that type of f&f deal. I am inclined to stop the £1pcm payments and let them refer or sell the debts on to DCA's. On the whole I have found them easier to deal with 'discount' wise. No doubt they buy the debts for pennies.

Anyway, I have the originals of all my agreements and statements. They are all pre 2007 (in fact pre 2006 I think.) Credit cards and personal loans. Before I let the accounts drift I wondered if legal beagles would be able to cast their eyes over my docs and see if there is anything obvious that I could take up with HBOS? I will of course redact the personal bits!

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

P.S Has anyone ever had any success with Cento Client Review / Lifestyle claims in Swansea?
    Tags: None

Re: HBOS Credit Agreements

Post them up, lets have a look.

Comment

I can give you some help if you have a BOS preference account .... as TMC says .... post em up and I am sure there will be help along !!

P:beagle:

Comment

Re: HBOS Credit Agreements - Docs

Hi. Thanks very much. I am posting them now. There are 2 loans and 2 credit cards. I have another loan with HBOS that I do not have a CCA for for some reason. I will apply for it.

State of Play is

AA Loan : £14080.00
        AA Visa : £11,200.00
        Halifax One Card : £14,700.00
        Halifax Loan : £3200.00

The CCA's for all the above are attached (across 3 posts unfortunately due to max 5 docs per post). With reference to the Halifax One card I was sent 3 documents. An intro letter, with a CCA to sign (a copy of which was also sent for my retention). A further copy of the CCA was sent with the card. All are attached.

All the debt is now being managed by Blair Oliver Scott (although obviously still owned by HBOS). I have been in a token arrangement for 3 years with them, £1pcm on each debt, interest frozen.

Any help or advice would be great.

I stopped paying the Halifax loan about 3 months ago (it is in my wife's name) with a letter basically telling them to 'do their worst' as a test to see how they would handle it. I am not sure whether it is because the account payment plan is not yet due to be reviewed but I have not heard a thing from them at all....I didn't want to stop paying the others because if they 'came on strong' for them all at once I woulod have no chance of paying them and all the settlements I have done over the last 3 years would have been in vain.

Look forward to responses.:beagle:

Comment

Re: HBOS Credit Agreements - Halifax One Card

Here are the Halifax One Card docs.

Comment

Re: HBOS Credit Agreements - Final

Here is the final agreement!

Comment

I know - they are too small - groan.....

I will have another go tonight. Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X