• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Assignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notice of Assignment

Rockie

The NoA can be sent by any means the creditor wishes - even pigeon post - but he has to have some kind of acknowledgment that it has been received, which is why they should really send it by recorded delivery. You have acknowledged receipt of it to the creditor, so that is good enough for the courts, as a result I would look elsewhere for my defence.

Like ODC, I am puzzled as to why the original creditor should be required to send you a Notice of Assignment. Can you explain a little bit more about this debt? Who is making the claim, the original creditor, or the solicitors?

I assume that this account comes under the CCA1974/2006, so there should be a copy of that agreement somewhere, are you in possession of it?

What does the PoC say? You cannot defend a claim without having access to all the documentation mentioned in the PoC. If nothing was supplied with the claim, you need to request that information from the claimants solicitor.

It would be helpful if you could post up a copy of the claim and any documentation you have, such as the agreement. Be sure to remove any identifying features though.

Alan
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Basa48

You can request a copy of the Deed of Assignment whenever you wish, however I very much doubt that the creditor would acceed to that request unless it was after they had made a claim against you. Even then they do all they can to avoid showing you the detail.

Alan
    Last edited by Algee; 19th January 2011, 13:55:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

what use are these latest post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X