• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

1st Credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit

Hi All,

I recevied many letters from 1st Credit relating to a credit card debt of £2200.00
    that I knew nothing about.
    After a few phone calls, they started to intimidate me, I then found a similar website to this one and:

Sent a request for a true signed agreement.........I received no reply.

I then sent a: Account In Dispute letter, and I have still heard....Nothing!

Can anyone advise on my next move, as I feel I am in limbo.....at present,

Thanks In Advance

Re: 1st Credit

Is the debt yours?

Comment

No, I do not recall having a credit card from this company.

Thx.

Comment

Hi All,

Any ideas as to what I should do??

Thx.

Comment

You should not be doing anything as the onus was on them to respond to your CCA request.

So basically you have sent a proove it letter and they have not proved the debt is yours so they are not entitled to still be chasing you. If they are harrassing you then you should send a harrassment letter.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by hadenoughofdca View Post
          Hi All,

I recevied many letters from 1st Credit relating to a credit card debt of £2200.00
          that I knew nothing about.
          After a few phone calls, they started to intimidate me, I then found a similar website to this one and: How are they intimidating you?

Sent a request for a true signed agreement.........I received no reply. When was this sent?

I then sent a: Account In Dispute letter, and I have still heard....Nothing! Again what date was this?

Can anyone advise on my next move, as I feel I am in limbo.....at present,

Thanks In Advance

Comment

I know this may sounds really stupid, but why, if you never had a card with this company did you send a request for them to supply the agreement ??

A simple prove it letter goes an awful long way, and best of all is free and doesn't give away any personal information.

No matter what is done is done, and until 1st crud comply there is nothing further they can do.

Comment

I sent the cca request because I posted on another site and that's what they all
              advised!!

Pretty stupid really, as I do not owe the debt (as pointed out)

The problem is that 1st Credit have put a default on my credit file & I would like it removed, I cannot buy a Mars bar on credit at the moment, even my bank are refusing me an o/draft because it is a default on my credit file (experian).
              I have e mailed experian & all they have been able to do is put a note advising of a dispute. But 1 default & your credit is gone!!

Thanks for all your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X