• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA's - Default Removal - Curlyben - are you out there ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA's - Default Removal - Curlyben - are you out there ?

Good evening all and hopefully dear Curlyben if you're about ?

I know you're an authority on DCA's and I've had a little experience myself but just wondered what your successes are regarding the removal of Defaults ?

Thanks to 'past advise', from you, I've successfully despatched several DCA and my best one, to date, is managing to get Hillesden to cease all action on over £5k, almost a year ago now (and they even removed the default and all trail with the Credit Reference Agencies too !) !

Unfortunately I still have a few that have ceased hassling me (no CCA's !) BUT still continue registering the Default and regular negative monthly info, with the CRA's.

What are my chances of getting them to remove - many are 1-2 years down the ,line now !

Look forward to hearing from you....

All the best,

R

Re: DCA's - Default Removal - Curlyben - are you out there ?

Who are you having issues with, as some are easier than others.
    I managed to get CQ and Lowell to remove markers, in fact I have NO DCA defaults on my CRA at all now..

Comment

Thanks for your reply, CB.

I have / had 4:

1) Started as an Alliance & Leicester Credit Card and then became MBNA. I then disposed of Optima Legal, IQOR and Allied International Credit. Since then just a couple of letters alternated between MBNA and Alliance & Leicester (again !). I've heard NOTHING, since July 2009 ! I went down the Trading Standards route but they pretty much ignored my pleas regarding the lack of a CCA and continuation of the negative info. with the CRA's - useless !

MBNA continue registering Default each month !

2) Barclaycard. They then tried their very own Mercers who EVENTUALLY gave up. I then endured a two pronged attack from Lewis Debt Recovery and their partners in crime C L Finance. Apart from a simple statement from C L Finance in September 2009 the last letter was from them (C L) back in June 2009 - attaching what they claimed to be a copy of the CCA BUT was only a poorly copied 'application form' ! Again I went down the Trading Standards route, to no avail !

Clearly now owned by C L Finance as they continue registering Default each month !

3) & 4) to follow shortly...................

Thanks,

R
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      cont....

3) Started as an MBNA Credit Card. These were VERY persistant and I've a huge chain of letters in this case. EVENTUALLY they tried their luck by passing to Link Financial. I made a complaint to Link, way back in 2008 and their last letter (apart from a simple statement in March 09 and October 09) in was received in November 2008. I also received one from MBNA at about the same time (November 08) informing me that they had now sold this to Link ! This was another reported to Trading Standards but eventually they just said there was nothing they could do, yet again !

This shows on my credit file as a Default / Debt assigned with MBNA AND a regular monthly updated Default with Link, who obviously now own this !

4) This one started life as an RBS card although it was soon taken over by Citi (who incidentally I never actually had a card with !). This was short lived and I was soon advised that it had been assigned to Hillesden Securities. The Direct & Legal Collections / Hillesden, two pronged attack then begun ! After 14 months of persistance and complaints Hillesden eventually wrote to me in early 2009 to say they had deleted my credit file entry AND my (quote) "account has been closed and no further proceedings will be taken against you" !

Sure enough within 1 month this Hillesden Default had been removed from my credit file AND I've heard no more since - 1 year next month !

So, CB, as you can see I've been very busy !

I'd appreciate your thoughts as I've let these all rest for too long now - the time has come to try and get some defaults removed and my file tidied up !

How many Defaults have you managed to dispose of ?

Any advise would be much appreciated !

Thanks,

R
      Last edited by R B 1968; 11th December 2009, 23:37:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Can I ask, did you ever try to come to any arrangements for payments with the original creditors, before the DCAs started giving you grief? Or any arrangments for payment with any of the DCAs at all?
        Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks Wendy.
          The short answer to both questions is NO !
          No CCA's produced for any agreements so payments stopped !
          The MBNA ones did offer me a reduced final settlement payment but as they had no agreements I refused !
          R

Comment

what I meant was, did you ever try to come to an arrangement to pay the debts or did you just go straight for the CCA? Are/were you in a position to pay at all?
            Is no longer here

Comment

I had arrangements with a couple, Wendy, but once I'd CCA'ed I stopped these payments. I decided pretty much why pay if they can't enforce the debt (rightly or wrongly !) ?
              Why do you ask - what are you thinking ?
              Regards,
              R

Comment

Just wondered.
                Is no longer here

Comment

OK !

Look forward to your thoughts, curlyben.

Thanks, as always,

R

Comment

Hi Curlyben,
                    Thanks for your message of the 1tth.
                    I've now replied (above) and would be very grateful of your assistance ?
                    Kind regards,
                    R

Comment

sorry............... but ............... bump !

All the best,

R

Comment

So did they ever prove your liability to these debts ??

If not then that's your avenue for attack..

Comment

Hi CB,

Just to confirm NO - none have proved the debt, at all !

Kind regards,

R

Comment

Hi Curlyben & Happy New Year, to you.

I've utilised your letter and gave the companies in question 14 days to respond.

These were sent arount the 18th December 2009 yet I've not received any replies, at all !

How would you calculate the 14 days, over the bank holiday period as, by my reckoning, they're now pretty much out of time !

What can I do now ? Do I send copies and chase ?

Really would like to get all returned to OC's, in first instance (in two cases I believe they've been sold as the default companies have changed from OC's so I guess these won't happen !)

Thanks & regards,

R

Comment

I'd give them some more time, especially due to the xmas holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X