• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax Say This Is Enforcable! ~ What Do You Think??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax Say This Is Enforcable! ~ What Do You Think??

H There.

I sent Halifax a CCA some time ago and the first reply I got was the usual reconsituted copy returned. I sent them a second letter informing them it was not enforcable and got this reply below.. Does anyone think this is enforcable. The agreement or aplication form, which ever it is, has no signiture on from them or a date?

Re: Halifax Say This Is Enforcable! ~ What Do You Think??

Hi bearclaire, the front page of the agreement is unenforceable on its own, there appears to be no reference to t's & c's overleaf so that helps, however, the t's & c's do contain all the prescribed terms and the lender will no doubt claim that the t's & c's were on the back of the agreement. I think that even if they can prove this, there is a case that the prescribed terms are not embodied within the document however it's not a very strong case and a barrister would have serious misgivings about taking it to court. Don't let that put you off though, I would say it's worth a go, especially if you had some way of showing that the terms were seperate.

Comment

Hi bearclaire,
      I have received exactly the same documents from them, except that the page they claim is the back of the agreement is different from the one they sent you.
      In mine, the T&Cs are a lot more detailed, and they have a different right to cancel information than the one they have on the front, and no reference to T&Cs overleaf on the signed page

In my case, the Halifax insists that this is not a credit agreement but a copy of the application form, despite the fact that the page clearly says "this is a credit agreement"

Instead, they have sent me some reconstructed T&Cs, which they claim are compliant, although they do not bear my signature.

I have attached the copy of the so called agreement and the alleged back.

Since this thread has gone a bit old, I hope someone reads it now and can help us determine who has the burden of proof that the second page is indeed a copy of the back of the documents we have signed, although the sheer fact that there was no reference to T&Cs overleaf is a clear giveaway in my opinion.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!
      Tinsie

Comment

----
        Last edited by tinsie1970; 31st January 2010, 09:52:AM. Reason: duplicate entry

Comment

Originally posted by tinsie1970 View Post
          Hi bearclaire,
          I have received exactly the same documents from them, except that the page they claim is the back of the agreement is different from the one they sent you.
          In mine, the T&Cs are a lot more detailed, and they have a different right to cancel information than the one they have on the front, and no reference to T&Cs overleaf on the signed page

In my case, the Halifax insists that this is not a credit agreement but a copy of the application form, despite the fact that the page clearly says "this is a credit agreement"

Instead, they have sent me some reconstructed T&Cs, which they claim are compliant, although they do not bear my signature.

I have attached the copy of the so called agreement and the alleged back.

Since this thread has gone a bit old, I hope someone reads it now and can help us determine who has the burden of proof that the second page is indeed a copy of the back of the documents we have signed, although the sheer fact that there was no reference to T&Cs overleaf is a clear giveaway in my opinion.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!
          Tinsie
          Hi

I know a while ago now, but did you make any progress with this?

I am in exactly the same boat and would appreciate any help.

Thanks
          LA

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X