• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

arrangement fee of secured loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arrangement fee of secured loan

can anyone advise me as to how to challenge an arangement fee with a secured loan provider? I am not sure what consumer legislation it comes under as it was taken out in May 2006 for over £25k and I dont think the 1974 Act applies. Problem is I wasnt aware that they charged the £960 fee and attached it to the total credit lent so i am now faced with paying it over 240 months with interest.

Re: arrangement fee of secured loan

Does it specifically mention the £960 on your agreement? And would the amount borrowed have been under £25K without it?

Anything else? PPI, for instance?
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for responding. It does mention the £960 on my agreement but like a plonka i hadn't realised they were adding it to my total loan which was for £50k. I have been successful in challending them on the PPi and they have paid that back plus the interest i paid.

Comment

As far as I am aware, they are not supposed to charge interest on that.

I have a feeling this is something being clarified somewhere tho, so I'll try to find out more.
        My Blog
        http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for your efforts, i do appreciate it. It is very stressful trying to get a straight answer from them.

Comment

an arangement fee is a charge for credit and should not have interest charged against it,
            saying that how is this fee included

is it in the amount of credit or total amount of credit

Comment

Thanks Keithposty,
              The exact wording says " You must pay an arrangement fee of £960. This will be added to the credit we are giving and repaid, along with the interest on it, by inclusion in your monthly payment. You should note, therefore, that your total borrowing from us is the amount shown plus the arrangement fee" .
              hope that this is the information you needed. Its all very confusing at the mo, not sure how to go about the next stage with Paragon. Any help you can give me would be gratefully appreciated.:santa1:

Comment

REALY NEED TO SEE THE AGREEMENT
                TO TRY AND MAKE IT SIMPLE, TOOK ME AGES TO UNDERSTAND

LOAN SAY (a) 10000 THATS THE AMOUNT OF CREDIT
                insurance (b) 1000 thats a total of a and b 11000 amount of credit

then there are extras

acceptance fee
                charge for credit these would be included in the total amount of credit

if the acceptance fee say 500 was added to a and b giving an amount of credit of 11500

that would invalidate the agreement

google wilson v fct

http://www.publications.parliament.u...710/will-3.htm

i bet you are more confused than me

like i said

need to see the agreement

Comment

Thanks, how do I scan the document so that I can send it to you?

Comment

BUT, please read the court of appeals judgement in Walker Vs SPPL which sheds more light on what is classed as Cost of Credit.

They held that the arrangement fee CAN be interest bearing.

Comment

Quick Question

What Would Be The Out Come If The Defendant In A Court Claim Quoted Wilson V Fct And The Creditor Comes Back With Walker V Sppl

Thanks For Getting The Grey Cells Going And ValuE Your Imput

Comment

Really depends on how the agreement is set out, as you mentioned earlier.
                        After all the arrangement fee may well fall under s18, restricted use credit, and so fall into the realms of SPPL.

Comment

Ime Going To Read The Full Judgement Later
                          Learn Some Thing New Today

Thanks

Comment

No worries, but it's not all cut and dried.
                            The format of the agreement is extremely important in a case like this, especially with the sums involved.

Comment

is there a way of sending the agreement privately via email as I cannot work out how to attach it to the forum thread!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X