• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shazzas OH v Capquest - is it a vaild CCA??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shazzas OH v Capquest - is it a vaild CCA??

Ok - have been putting this off but having now received a letter from HL Legal realise it needs attention!

Hubby has a credit card with MBNA and has written to them requesting a copy of a valids CCA agreement. They have sent him a copy of his application that - i think - has all of the prescribed terms, however two days after sending the copy app form Capquest wrote to him simply stating "For your ease of reference we have highlighted the signature section that confirms that you should only sign the agreement should you wish to be legally bound by it's terms".

They actual piece they have highlighted on the app form is under their section titled "Your right to cancel" and reads "once you have signed this agreement you will have for a short time a right to cancel it. Exact details and how and when you can do this will be sent you by the Bank."

Sooo, I gues I'm wondering if my hubbys obvious worries about being taken to Court are justified??

Hoping anyone can help - particularly the legend that is CB - lol!!! Am happy to scan a copy of agreement up or send a copy to someone by email ifneccessary.

Thx in advance for any advices.

shazza

Re: Shazzas OH v Capquest - is it a vaild CCA??

Just a wee bump hoping CB may be able to have a quick look??

Comment

Sorry mate missed this one.

Could you scan and post the "agreement" for me ?

PDF in preference

Don't worry about HL Legal as CQ simply buy reams of Threat-O-Matic letters off them to give that air of officialdom..

Comment

Thx a million for the reply Ben - will get the agreement posted up within the hour (assuming I don't have any problems as have never doen this before!)

Comment

Ben, i've spent nearly two hours trying to upload as an attachment but am hitting brick walls everywhere I turn.

I've scanned the agreement and saved it but cannot upload it - is there anyway I can email it to you as am really struggling on this one??

thx

shazza

Comment

Originally posted by Shazzaw View Post
            Ben, i've spent nearly two hours trying to upload as an attachment but am hitting brick walls everywhere I turn.

I've scanned the agreement and saved it but cannot upload it - is there anyway I can email it to you as am really struggling on this one??

thx

shazza
            Send it to admin : admin@legalbeagles.com they will upload it for you??

Comment

Here you go (PDF Attached)..

Complete and utter

Missing prescribed terms so a solid s127(3) totally unenforceable

Comment

LOL - chuckling away here having seen the pic you posted!

Many thanks Ben for the advices - hoping HL Legal and CapQuest will now return the debt to MBNA so I can negotiate with them directly. Is it worth me penning a letter to HL or CQ letting them know that what they have supplied is only of use in the bathroom??

s

Comment

As and when they demand payments again, there's enough letters and pointers here: ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X