• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

An Invalid Default Notice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An Invalid Default Notice?

Have you tried posting on other forums? Someone might have a bright idea.

Comment

Originally posted by whizzkid001 View Post
      Ok, rang them and they refused point blank to remove the default. Anyone's thoughts as to the best plan of action at this stage?
      Did you discuss repayment plans at the same time, as Curlyben has suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
        Did you discuss repayment plans at the same time, as Curlyben has suggested?
        Well I told them, quite reasonably, that I'd be prepared to pay the arrears in full if they removed their defective and very hastily sent default - they refused point blank.

Comment

I have to say that if I had the money, I wouldn't be willing to risk my home (if thats what its secured on), I would just pay. However of course it would be upto you.

Lumi
          Luminol x

Comment

Curlyben, can I ask you to clarify a little more precisely this sentence from the post above:
            "You may well be able to negotiate the default removal."
            Would you recommend the above in writing or verbally?

Comment

or / and latterly ??

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                Curlyben, can I ask you to clarify a little more precisely this sentence from the post above:
                "You may well be able to negotiate the default removal."
                Would you recommend the above in writing or verbally?
                How long have you been posting on fora now?

How many call-centre staff have you ever even heard of in all that time who can make changes, or recommendations for changes, to customers' credit scores?

If you wish to order pizza, by all means use the telephone, for anything to do with your financial affairs, write a letter!

Comment

Nattie, you ought to know me by now.
                  Everything in writing

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                    How long have you been posting on fora now?

How many call-centre staff have you ever even heard of in all that time who can make changes, or recommendations for changes, to customers' credit scores?

If you wish to order pizza, by all means use the telephone, for anything to do with your financial affairs, write a letter!
                    Cetelco, Whizzkid didn't understand the advice cos he called them.
                    That is what I am saying. Whizzkid understood, arrange a repayment AND possibly removal of default verbally.
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    How does he negotiate default removal at the same time as repayment?
                    Does he do repayment first and then default removal?
                    Last edited by natweststaffmember; 19th November 2009, 19:04:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nattie, The latter, assuming of course it's been registered with the CRA's.

Bear in mind there will already be bad payment markers that are NOT removable at all, so moaning about your record being damaged is a minor side point.
                      You did that already by falling into arrears without talking to the creditor.

Comment

Whizzkid, I think the guys here are trying to tell you hun that you are basically pishing in the wind to put it mildly.

Personally if I were you I'd pay up, get things secure again and then fight the default by letter, but and a BIG BUT do it all in writing and pay up because sure as eggs is eggs you are heading for even more trouble if you don't.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Comment

See I suggested use of the word "latter", well sort of !!!

Comment

Now,That's where I left it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                              Nattie, The latter, assuming of course it's been registered with the CRA's.

Bear in mind there will already be bad payment markers that are NOT removable at all, so moaning about your record being damaged is a minor side point.
                              You did that already by falling into arrears without talking to the creditor.
                              Except there is a BIG difference between a default which stays on your record for 6 years and arrears markers which will eventually roll off your record after 12 months or so.

Comment

Glad to see you haven't actually dealt with the CRA's then.
                                You'd hope the bad markers only stay there for a year or so, the reality is somewhat different.
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                At the end of the day are you prepared to lose your HOUSE over you misguided assertions that the DN is invalid ?!?!?!
                                All for the sake of an £18k loan.

There's a couple of things that could happen.
                                1/ they terminate, take you to court and screw you over BIG time. (Very possible as they employ damn good sols)

2/ you settle the arrears and deal with the default at a later date, hence securing your HOME.

As a well know quiz show says. The Choice Is Yours !!

Right I'm done.
                                Laterz.
                                Last edited by Curlyben; 19th November 2009, 19:31:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X