• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cca request to bls - ltsb letter received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cca request to bls - ltsb letter received

I cannot find the post that another member has posted about this. I have sent cca requests to three creditors, rockwell, bls and link financial. They are all over the 12 day limit now and have received nothing from Link (MBNA), a letter from rockwell falsely claiming I promised to pay the debt by end of Sept plus a statement and a letter from LTSB (BLS) saying they havent received enough info and asking me to send address update, previous addresses and card numbers plus another address to send cca request to. This debt wasnt even a credit card, it was a loan and overdraft lumped together. They have returned my £1 cheque and my letter also.

I have been paying these debts off for more than 6yrs which actually belonged to my ex but he couldnt get credit so I put them in my name...they say love is blind! Luckily I have learnt my lesson.

Where do I go from here? Surely BLS would have all these details on file including account numbers etc. Do I send the follow-up letter now they are in default plus the £1 back? How do I go about finding whether unfair/default charges have been applied and how do I claim these back? Any advice appreciated.

Re: cca request to bls - ltsb letter received

BLS, like so many inhouse DCA's, try to cause as much problems as possible.
    As you have been paying them for this debt hey clearly already have enough information to comply with your request. I'd be inclined to send that fact back to them along with your CCA.

Also you must have a read of this thread, might prove useful: ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles

Comment

Thanks for responding so quick. Can someone please clarify whether the extra 30 days still has to be given if the DCAs havent sent the CC agreement within the first 12 days?

Also, because I have been paying this debt off for 6 years or more, at a reduced cost, isn't that like admitting I owed the money in the first place?

Now that the 12 days is well and truly up should I be sending another letter to the DCAs and should I also ask for a Subject Access Request? I want to check for penalties and charges that may be unfair.

Any help much appreciated as I'm ready to send next letter now they have failed to produce documents.

Comment

The further calendar month has been repealed in CCA 2006.
        The fact you have been paying doesn't stop them having to comply with your lawful request under CCA s78.

Once the 12 WORKING days has been exceed you can lawfully stop payment until they comply.
        It;s up to you if you want to follow the SAR route.

Comment

The letter from LTSB which was sent to BLS originally, has returned the £1 cheque and my initial request letter and given an alternative address to make a CCA request. Should I try again and send request to this address with the £1 or send follow up letter to BLS with a copy of the LTSB letter with the £1 cheque? I want to get this right and look like I know what I'm doing from the start.

Is there a link for a template letter that someone can give me due to the fact that none of the dcas have responded in the 12 days?

Thanks
          Last edited by angelcake69; 25th October 2009, 22:25:PM. Reason: Additional info needed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X