• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax Credit Card CCA Request Reply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax Credit Card CCA Request Reply

Hello All

First, thanks to everyone for all the valuable information on this site.

I would very much appreciate your opinions and comments on the reply I have recieved from Halifax Card Services below which I have recieved in response to my request for a copy of my original credit agreement.

Reply - " I have enclossed with this letter a copy of your reconstituted version of the executed agreement, a copy of your current terms and conditions and a signed statement of your account.

The copy of the agreement enclossed complies with the requirements of the Consumer Credit ( Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents ) Regulation 1983. Regulation 3(2)b provides that a copy can omit a signiture box, signiture or date of signiture. In summary we are not required to produce a copy with your signiture on it. By providing a copy of the agreement complying with the requirements of the Regulations the agreement remains enforceable."

They go on to say that they have satisfied their obligations and will not enter in to any further correspondenxe reagrding this matter/

What do you think? What should I do next?

Many Thanks
    Last edited by cobra29; 10th August 2009, 15:21:PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Re: Halifax Credit Card CCA Request Reply

Possibly SAR them it cost £10 but should give you all the information they have on your accounts with them incl CCA signed copy if they have one, but somebody will be along soon with more knowledge so hang on there.:beagle::beagle::beagle:

Comment

That all depends on what reason you sent the CCA request and if they are chasing a debt.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the replys.

I sent the request to see if thay had an enfforcable signed agreement as although my payments are up to date at the moment, I am struggling and thought it would put me in a stronger negotiating possition if I knew that they could not enforce the debt.

What do you think? And how should I reply to them?

Thanks

Comment

Guys

ive written in another thread on the site, my nephews just rxd hios from HBOS, a reconstituted agreement NO SAR! and no signed copy of the agreement (credit card in 2003 onwards)

Bri

Comment

im doin the same ive sent a sar to halifax for the same resons!!and all they have sent is a copy of my statements so far

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X