• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA advice

A very good morning to you all,
    Some advice if possible please.
    I took out credit card with Sainsbury's Bank in 2004, default in 2008.
    Debt has been sold at least 3 times, can't remember exactly, I recently received my request for credit agreement.
    This has everything including prescribed terms and conditions.
    The company have added that they are unable to provide statements.
    I don't want to challenge any further if they have supplied enough information to satisfy this account as being enforceable.
    Any advice would be most welcome.
    For the record I have been making regular payments for at least 9 years, I don't ever remember having an annual statement though on payments and balance.
    Many thanks again
    Tags: None

Hi STUFFTHEM

Welcome to LB

Have they supplied a 'reconstructed' version?

Although they've provided a CCA, have the Terms and Conditions been 'varied' i.e. interest rate gone up, credit limit gone up etc, then they also need to provide the T & C's for the 'variation'.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/13/1.html

Until they do, the agreement is 'unenforceable'.

Comment

Many thanks ECHAT,
      I could upload the information I have received, if that is possible, minus personal details.
      Maybe someone could have a look.
      On the other issue of not being able to supply statements, am I wrong in thinking a statement of account should be issued annually.
      Many thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by stuffthem View Post
        Many thanks ECHAT,
        I could upload the information I have received, if that is possible, minus personal details.
        Maybe someone could have a look.
        On the other issue of not being able to supply statements, am I wrong in thinking a statement of account should be issued annually.
        Many thanks again
        If the agreement is 'reconstructed', it's constructed from different data they hold. They should be 'upfront' and tell you that, that is what it is. They should provide a statement of account.

Comment

Thanks again for the reply,
          THe agreement is a true copy, everything as it should be.
          The terms and conditions all look like the original albeit a little faded, but legible.
          Not sure I can go any further on that.
          All I have received from the solicitors acting on behalf of the debt agency, is date of default, amount outstanding at time of default , date credit card was originally issued.
          The response I got from them along with the agreement was that the credit agency could not supply statements.

Comment

If someone could double check the terms I could upload.

Comment

Thanks again for the reply,
              THe agreement is a true copy, everything as it should be.
              The terms and conditions all look like the original albeit a little faded, but legible.
              Not sure I can go any further on that.
              All I have received from the solicitors acting on behalf of the debt agency, is date of default, amount outstanding at time of default , date credit card was originally issued.
              The response I got from them along with the agreement was that the credit agency could not supply statements.
              If they took the matter to Court, they would need to provide default notice, letter of assignment, if they haven't got a statement of account, then they would have to provide details of the debt amount. The advice would be to see what they do next, update the thread.

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice, really do appreciate it.
                ​​Please excuse me if I'm asking silly questions, I understand some but not a lot about this.
                Just to confirm, I asked for all documents relating to my cca request.
                They sent the agreement and terms.
                They said they are unable to supply statements .
                I have found some annual statements showing how much I pay each month and outstanding balance.
                Should I go back and say they have not supplied all of the information I requested initially, and would that include the original default notice and assignment letter from Sainsbury's to the first debt agency.

Thank you again

Comment

Just to add I don't understand fully what the statement of account actually refers to

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice, really do appreciate it.
                    ​​Please excuse me if I'm asking silly questions, I understand some but not a lot about this.
                    Just to confirm, I asked for all documents relating to my cca request.
                    They sent the agreement and terms.
                    They said they are unable to supply statements .
                    I have found some annual statements showing how much I pay each month and outstanding balance.
                    Should I go back and say they have not supplied all of the information I requested initially, and would that include the original default notice and assignment letter from Sainsbury's to the first debt agency.

Thank you again
                    You need to decide what you want to do, then make sure you do it.

You stated the following 'I don't want to challenge any further if they have supplied enough information to satisfy this account as being enforceable'.

So, I don't think I can add much more.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X