• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA without £1 fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA without £1 fee

I've requested for CCA agreements from PRA group and Moorcroft via email. Both have acknowledged the email and said they are looking into getting the information.
    If I haven't paid the £1 fee (as the request was via email), will this make any difference to the 12 day limit they have to respond, even though they have said they've received my request and are looking into it?

PRA group have said"
    We have raised a seller query with the original creditors to get a copy of the Credit Agreements. As soon as these become available we will forward them on to you."

Moorcroft replied We note you have provided us with your email address as a method of contact. However, for data protection purposes, we would ask that you confirm by way of return: • Your full name • Your date of birth • Your full address • If this email address is private and secure. Without the above information we are unable to correspond any further with you via email. Whilst we await your response to the above we will reply under separate cover to the postal address that we hold for you. In addition, we hope that you can appreciate that where communication appears not to be maintained by you via this method of contact, it may be necessary for us to revert back to an alternative option."

​​​​​​​So question is, does the 12 day limit still apply if I haven't sent £1 with the requests?
    Tags: None

You need to make a formal CCA request by post containing the £1 fee in the form of postal order which you can obtain from the post office or cheque. If you don’t follow this process it is not legally binding as defined by the FCA.

Comment

It's worth noting, that some Creditors send back the £1, but still adhere to the CCA request.

It might be an idea to see if the Creditor still wants the £1 to comply with the CCA 1974.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X