• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA request response - bit confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA request response - bit confused

I did a CCA to a DCA.

They have responded and attached a 4 page credit card agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974, which contains my name, address, account details of the original creditor, debt taken out in 2008. It has a tick box at the end in place of a signature. Also attached 2 pages of T&Cs.

So I thought this was all they had to provide. But in their email it said they are still waiting for another document and to contact them in the meantime to arrange payment. But there was no deadline to contact them by or any threats made, so I was a bit surprised.

So when i read the email more thoroughly, in small writing right at the very very bottom it says 'currently your account is classified as unenforceable, which means we are not able to take legal action to recover the balance. The debt is still legally owed and we will continue to contact you and report to the CRAs. It is possible for your account to become enforceable in future, if we receive the appropriate paperwork from the original creditor - we will make you aware if this becomes the case.

So my questions are:
    - What else do they need to provide, to meet the requirements of a CCA that they haven't already provided?
    - If they've sent me these documents, but not 'everything', does this mean it's unlikely that they are going to get this missing document from the original creditor and therefore the debt will probably remain unenforceable? (Appreciate no one can give me any assurances but just wondered what the likelihood is, or if it's normal to get a bit of the CCA paperwork at a time?)

Any help woudl be appreciated please as I'm really stressed about all this, thank you :-)
    Tags: None

No Trace of the CCA means that the debt is UNENFORCEABLE hence the bottom line or it will be if they find the original, but keep quiet, no mail, or calls.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
      No Trace of the CCA means that the debt is UNENFORCEABLE hence the bottom line or it will be if they find the original, but keep quiet, no mail, or calls.
      Thanks so much for replying.

I guess I'm confused because I think they have sent me the CCA. It contains all the details of my credit agreement, so I don't understand why they say something is missing? Is it normal for them to send the CCA but still say the debt is unenforceable?

Comment

You think they have sent the CCA, if the letter states NON ENFORCEABLE don't phone don't rock the boat, why make a problem for yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
          You think they have sent the CCA, if the letter states NON ENFORCEABLE don't phone don't rock the boat, why make a problem for yourself?
          Thank you, no I have no intention of phoning them that's why I was asking here, just to see if anyone knew about this. I find things like this very difficult and it would be so helpful for me to understand what they've sent me and why it's unenforceable and the likelihood of them pursuing this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X