• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Are my debts enforceable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my debts enforceable?

Hello. I'm new here and looking for some advice please. I have two large debts with PRA totalling 8k. They are 4k each. I've been in a DMP since 2017.

I requested CCAs as I inherited a small lump sum when my mum died and thought i would offer PRA a partial settlement which was 40% of the debt.

1 CCA (debt was with MBNA) was a copy but font was so tiny and couldn't be read with the naked eye. I had to take a picture of it using my phone then zoom in to read it but parts of it were very blurry.

The other (original debt Barclaycard) didn't send a CCA, just short form cancellation, historic terms and conditions and varied terms and conditions. CCA not mentioned on any enclosed docs and nothing relating to me on the docs. No name or address. They say they enclose a reconstituted copy of my CCA but it's not in there.

Default for the Barclaycard Debt dropped off my credit file in March this year. The default for the MBNA one falls off Nov this year.

I offered PRA the partial settlement but they rejected it.

I'm now thinking of asking my DMP to stop paying these debts to see if they will budge on accepting a partial settlement but I don't want to risk court action. I have other debts but they are much smaller.

I really appreciate any help and advice on what my options are please.

Thank you

Tags: None

I believe that both companies are, or must send you a copy of your CCA, otherwise the debts are not enforceable, write and request a copy.

Comment

Hello. Thank you for your reply. I did write and request CCAs. One response didn't contain a CCA and the other contained a CCA but with very tiny font. My post asks about the debt being enforceable. I'm sorry, I thought my original post made it clear I have already written and asked for a CCA. Are you advising I should write to them again?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X