• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims court/ credit card 💸

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small claims court/ credit card 💸

Hi, Hoist finance have started legal proceedings against me for a credit card debt that was passed onto them from a previous debt collection agency I was paying up to 2018 then defaulted. I filed a defence to include they had not provided an original agreement and denial of being the data controllers as a reason for not producing this, which the original creditor stipulated in fact they were the data controllers and this document was actually included in some of the data request I received from them. I was then forwarded by them and from the original creditors recent website a downloaded 2022 copy of an agreement into which was entered the original creditors details and mine. Please can you advise if this document stands as what a court refers to as a ‘reconstituted’ agreement. Thank you
    Tags: None

Hi Alijenks

Where are you with regards to Court process? Directions Questionnaire? Mediation?

They can reconstruct the agreement, but there are still things to look for.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2016-03-07

Did they provide a Default Notice? Letters of Assignment?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have just completed the questionnaire to agree to mediation. They have sent copies of notice of assignment and default notice. In the notice of assignment the original creditor stated Hoist were now the data controllers. Hoist deny they are, which at the time suggested they could be with holding information as they have neither admitted they are the data processors, which is probably by the by but still a case for Financial Ombudsman. I am genuinely not sure if I have a defence if this reconstructed agreement I received is legitimate from what you have said, therefore do not want to waste the courts time in going to a hearing. Further insight would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you

Comment

Go through what they have sent you, all the documents. In terms of the agreement, has the interest rate (APR) been 'varied' since you opened the account? You need to go through the link provided.

Mediation is a good opportunity to settle the matter, negotiate hard, but even if negotiation fails during mediation, you can continue to make offers, just write 'Without Prejudice', on the letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X