• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reputable Travel Agency SCAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Action Fraud might / might not comeback to you. But they give you a Crime Reference Number which helps if it reaches the Courts or other avenues open to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashlea1 View Post

Yes, complaint already registered with Action Fraud but they do not investigate as we all know.

Trustpilot has several negative reviews similar to these and I found one review relating to employee defrauding customers and their fabricated response.(see attached)

I will get in touch with CAB also, thanks for the advise.
      When you call the Travel Agency you ring the number on their website, so they are 100% responsible. I know some employers carry 'dishonesty insurance' regards employees..

Comment

exactly what ABTA told just now

Comment

CEO complaints.

also ABTA has told me just now they are not registered and confirmed so., also stated go to CAB,

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
            Have you lodged a Complaint with the police, the money has been stolen?

I take it their call centre isn't based in the UK.

Contact CAB they might get Trading Standards involved as 'criminality' has taken place.

I would hit their social media profiles Trustpilot etc. Explain what happened and what they are saying to you which is ridiculous. They are responding to Trustpilot queries / feedback so you will get a response.

Always pay with a Credit Card where possible.
            Based in Southall I must have been lucky I booked with them quite a number of times to Dakar Senegal

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post

Based in Southall I must have been lucky I booked with them quite a number of times to Dakar Senegal
              They've got some happy customers, it's o.k. when things run smoothly, but when things don't, they probably don't have the employees / training to resolve issues. The OP's issue is 'theft', he needs to tie the employee to the company and hold the company responsible for the actions of the employee.

It's ridiculous to say it's between the OP and the ex-employee, how that was allowed to happen is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

When you call the Travel Agency you ring the number on their website, so they are 100% responsible. I know some employers carry 'dishonesty insurance' regards employees..
                Exactly this.
                CAB has advised that Employers are liable for their employee's act under Vicarious Liability (Respondeat superior doctrine) but onus is on the claimant to prove that employee was working for the employer at the time of committing the fraud and it was within the scope of their employment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X