• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reputable Travel Agency SCAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputable Travel Agency SCAM

I booked a long haul flight ticket from a well known U.K (London) based Travel Agency in September 2021 for travel in December 2021.

After speaking to the travel agent, we agreed on a price and the agency emailed the quote and also their bank account details where funds needs to be transferred.
    The email was sent via their company domain and the agent also advised that they prefer a BACS payment as opposed to Credit Card payment so they can offer a better discount.

I agreed to the above and remitted the payment via Bank Transfer totalling £2.5k
    Agent also advised that they can only issue the flight ticket 30 days prior departure i.e. November 2021

Since, I have not received the ticket I went to query the issue with the agency in November 2021.

Their response was that the employee or travel agent who booked the ticket for me was a scammer and he is no longer working for the company and the Bank details provided on the email was also his personal account as opposed to the Company.
    Because of the above, travel agency has advised that they are unable to reimburse or provide a valid ticket as they claim to be not at fault.

Furthermore, the same flight ticket which costed £2.5k in September 2021 is now over £5k

Based on the above, please could some who is experienced, advise me about the chances of winning a Small claims if I were to book a new ticket else where for £5k and claiming for the initial £2.5k + the different between the current price and September 2021 price i.e £2.5k

Any thoughts highly appreciated.
    Tags: None

company employee at the time then the company responsible for employee actions???
    ULA

Comment

Do the agency have any link to ABTA?

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
        Do the agency have any link to ABTA?
        Yes, they are a member of ABTA and ATOL License.

Not sure if I should contact them or pursue this in Small Claims exercising my Consumer Rights ?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          company employee at the time then the company responsible for employee actions???
          ULA
          Thanks for the response, I would have thought the same.

Comment

Well given the fact that you wanted to fly and can't I would contact ABTA urgently!

Comment

Agree with all the advice given in regard to contacting ABTA.

On the issue of the individual my view would be that they cannot ignore their responsibility to you as a customer due to the fraudulence of their employee.

As well as complaining to ABTA I would also make a formal complaint to the company. Clearly they were not adequately supervising staff to avoid this indivudal being able to direct money into their own bank account from customers who believe they have paid legitimately for a holiday. A company like this would have some form of insurance policy and it would be for them to make a claim against that policy in order to compensate you.
              If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
              If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
                Agree with all the advice given in regard to contacting ABTA.

On the issue of the individual my view would be that they cannot ignore their responsibility to you as a customer due to the fraudulence of their employee.

As well as complaining to ABTA I would also make a formal complaint to the company. Clearly they were not adequately supervising staff to avoid this indivudal being able to direct money into their own bank account from customers who believe they have paid legitimately for a holiday. A company like this would have some form of insurance policy and it would be for them to make a claim against that policy in order to compensate you.
                Thanks for the advise.
                However, upon further research the travel agency is no longer a member of ABTA as they recently de-registered themselves.

Not sure how else to search. they are called Southall Travels Ltd.

I have raised a formal complaint with them directly and they have got back to me in writing stating "the matter is between the customer and their ex-employee"

I guess the only option is to go through a trial at SCC?

Any tips you have for me as I do not have any legal help?

Much appreciated.

Comment

Customer service: 020 8843 6891
                  CEO: Kuljinder Bahia (1 Oct 1997–)
                  Founded: 1984
                  Parent organization: Onkar International Limited

Comment

Customer service: 020 8843 6891
                    Parent organization: Onkar International Limited double check parent company and complain?

Comment

IATA registered?

​​​​​​

Comment

Have you lodged a Complaint with the police, the money has been stolen?

I take it their call centre isn't based in the UK.

Contact CAB they might get Trading Standards involved as 'criminality' has taken place.

I would hit their social media profiles Trustpilot etc. Explain what happened and what they are saying to you which is ridiculous. They are responding to Trustpilot queries / feedback so you will get a response.

Always pay with a Credit Card where possible.

Comment

trustpot and others have complaints on their sites

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post

IATA registered?

​​​​​​
                            ABTA has no records of Onkar International as well unfortunately.

IATA only deals with Airline related issues and they are IATA registered.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                              Have you lodged a Complaint with the police, the money has been stolen?

I take it their call centre isn't based in the UK.

Contact CAB they might get Trading Standards involved as 'criminality' has taken place.

I would hit their social media profiles Trustpilot etc. Explain what happened and what they are saying to you which is ridiculous. They are responding to Trustpilot queries / feedback so you will get a response.

Always pay with a Credit Card where possible.
                              Yes, complaint already registered with Action Fraud but they do not investigate as we all know.

Trustpilot has several negative reviews similar to these and I found one review relating to employee defrauding customers and their fabricated response.(see attached)

I will get in touch with CAB also, thanks for the advise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X