• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty TV - Right to Reject after 1 repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty TV - Right to Reject after 1 repair

New here hoping to get some advice.

I bought a TV on 15th April 2021. In september I noticed that the TV essentially turned off without turning back on by remote and recorded this on my phone which is backed up onto Google Photos. I never reported this to Sony. Last week (around 12th November) the TV did the same thing and this time wouldnt respond for over 25 minutes before it restarted. Several times the TV turned itself on randomly at night time (usually around 3am). I thought this was Sky Q so didnt report.

The Sony Centre sent an engineer out who then replaced the main PCB board and returned the TV. When the TV came back I noticed that the screen had now developed Shadows, the frame around the front of the TV was very loose and the casing was not fitted correctly. I informed Sony Centre that due to the TV not being fit for purpose after a repair I Reject the repair and want to return. The store stated that Sony views it as 2 repairs which I pushed back on. He said usually Sony will goto court but he would like to resolve as the store rather than the Manufacturer and he would give me a call back.

What is my postition on this... can he refuse the right to reject? I am only wanting it replaced not refunded unless he prefers that.

Thanks in advance.

Robert
    Tags: None

Sorry wrong forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X